audio

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
so even though i love the iPhone that i purchased on day one last year, the only thing that i was disappointed was the audio. the speaker phone was not as great as i hoped and the hearing was a little lower than most phones. it wasn't a big deal as i got use to it, but i was wondering if the new iPhone has made improvements on the speaker phone and audio area other than the headphone jack, which is really nice because it makes it an even better ipod.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Jobs claimed the audio was "better... a lot better" or something to that effect. Rather vague, but he claims the speaker is improved.

re version 1 speaker, though... you have done the "speaker mod" right? It does help a bit.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
jobs said dramatically improved audio, we'll see whatever that means Friday

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
jobs said dramatically improved audio, we'll see whatever that means Friday
we may be able to see tomorrow, july 8th, MacRumors has an article about AT&T getting iPhone 3g tomorrow.

http://www.macrumors.com/

"AT&T stores are due to get iPhone 3G demo units starting tomorrow:

'Beginning July 8th you will receive the new iPhone 3G demo devices at your store to enhance your sales process. These devices will be used the same as your 2G demo devices in your sales process but now you can demonstrate the additional capabilities of the iPhone 3G including the App Store'"

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Jobs claimed the audio was "better... a lot better" or something to that effect. Rather vague, but he claims the speaker is improved.

re version 1 speaker, though... you have done the "speaker mod" right? It does help a bit.
speaker phone mod, i have not heard of it.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
speaker phone mod, i have not heard of it.
The mod that psylichon gave you the link to really does work, and isn't as drastic as it seems. The difference for me was like night and day, loud and soft, short and tall, Reed and Milloy, Penn and Teller...

Well, you get the idea...