Auki quick reply

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by efuseakay, Apr 13, 2014.

1. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Has anyone tried this yet? I've got BiteSMS currently but it's been a little frustrating with some of the bugs that have yet to be fixed. Auki looks really slick.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Auki looks very awesome from the video. I haven't tried it though, myself. If I may ask, what bugs are you having in BiteSMS? I have not had any issues.

Staying on topic, I wish when a text appears in BiteSMS, I can auto reply, meaning the textbox comes up instantly. Actually I just tested it, and it doesn't appear at the top, it just shows the notification in the middle. I have to flip up to reply. I may go to Auki, although it does cost $3.99. I know developers have to try to get money, but $3.99 is hefty. I feel that they will get people buying it to at least try it or keep it if the price is $1.99.

#2 MoneyMaker79, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  3. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Not off-topic at all. :)

If I'm in Bite and go from upright to landscape and back again, the last message doesn't appear scrolled up all the way. I have to exit the keyboard and go back in to type to have the last message visible. Trying to scroll up with the keyboard showing just drops it back down behind it.

And I suspect numerous reboots are due to Bite as well since I'll get 2-3 reboots a day when using it in one way or another.

Auki seems real slick. On the fence. It really is just $3.99. But then the iPhone 6 will be out in a few months. lol

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

This may be a setting I have set, or just normal for all I am assuming, but it still ticks me off. If I want to go up in a text to read an old message, and then that person responds and or is typing, it takes me all the way back down.

OHH wow I don't believe I have had to scroll up with the keyboard showing, but that is annoying especially if you want to reply while the message is scrolled up for any reason.

I want to try it, but not for $3.99 if I don't keep it. You say the iPhone 6 will then come out. Most apps/tweaks you can install again on a new iOS and or iPhone, from your Cydia account.

5. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Yeah. I'm just waiting on future jailbreak statuses. Who knows what iOS 8 will bring. I wish Apple would do so etching like this natively!

I experience your bug on a daily basis as well. That's super annoying as well. I still do love Bite a lot though. Been using it for a long time.

Wish there was a way to try this for a week or so.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Is that a bug? I figured it was just normal.

As for future jailbreak information, I keep reading that it won't be possible anymore, but I highly doubt that.

Yes, they should put one out that is free but with very limited settings.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm not experiencing your rotation bug with BiteSMS, nor am I having multiple reboots per day. Another tweak affecting this, perhaps?

8. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

No idea what other tweaks it could be. I don't have a ton of them.

Either way, Auki looks great. You should try it for awhile and let us know how it is.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm very content with my combination of BiteSMS and MessagesCustomiser.

image.jpg

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

How can I do a background on messagecustomizer? Preferably that one.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

image.jpg image.jpg

12. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You didn't find this yourself?

14. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I actually did after I posted asking. :)

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I was told the other nigh from a fellow developer that Auki is one in its own with the messages app. They said BiteSMS is two but tricks iOS by saying its one and sticking itself inside of the messages app, but still has its own settings. Interesting.

Again, I would try Auki but $3.99 no thanks.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've seen a few people report high CPU usage and very warm iPhones after installing Auki.

17. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure about that, but this person I speak to and help beta test for, he also said that he has heard or possibly experienced, I forget, a lot of battery drainage when using BiteSMS. I am unsure about that. I experience normal battery drainage I believe.

18. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I broke down last week and purchased Auki. I really like it so far. I am actually getting battery life with Auki vs. BiteSMS, and no more crashes. It's a lot less unobtrusive than BiteSMS too. Quick Reply works great. So far, so good. It's already been updated twice I think?

$3.99. That was just one secret shopping job for me that took all of 2 minutes when I was already out doing regular shopping. No biggie. :)