Authorizing another computer

ron ll

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I KNOW this has been asked/answered before but for some reason my archive searches are not succeeding.

I've authorized a second computer to use with my iPhone and I want to be sure the music library EXACTLY matches my first computer and iPhone, including cover art, photos, settings and anything else before I sync with the new computer. What folders and sub folders to I have to copy from the first computer to the second to make them agree?

Thanks

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I suppose it really depends on where your music files are located at on the first computer. I sync all of my music from the folder with the following location: Music-> itunes-> iTunes Music. If your songs are in the same setup then you just need to make sure you completely copy over that "iTunes Music" folder. I had to do that when I got my new Mac and everything seemed to transfer over perfectly. I may have lost a few album artworks but other than that, it went flawlessly.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Actually what I did was copy the iTunes folder, not just the iTunes music folder. The iTunes folder contains all the art work and various other info. I did this from a PC and copied it the my MBP.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ah yeah, that would make sense to just take over the entire folder. I believe that would copy over any videos and other media as well.