Auto Brightness Not Working After 1.1.1 Update

Iphone777

Oct 1, 2007
Has anyone else noticed their auto brightness not working after updating to the latest 1.1.1 version? When I had 1.0.2 I could definitely notice the different from going into a lit room from a dark room....but now after the update it's all the same.......

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
Has anyone else noticed their auto brightness not working after updating to the latest 1.1.1 version? When I had 1.0.2 I could definitely notice the different from going into a lit room from a dark room....but now after the update it's all the same.......
I just ran a test and I can clearly see that my auto brightness IS in fact operational. Although I don't use it much any more to conserve my battery life.

FW

PS - Oh yeah, I did update to 1.1.1 and its still opertional

Iphone777

Oct 1, 2007
Thanks for testing this on yours webb...i don't know why mine isn't working anymore...
I just ran a test and I can clearly see that my auto brightness IS in fact operational. Although I don't use it much any more to conserve my battery life.

FW

PS - Oh yeah, I did update to 1.1.1 and its still opertional

iPhoneIT

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
www.iphoneforum.altervista.org
I think you should make a call at Apple.. it's could be a bug (or maybe your iPhone was unlocked before update..)

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Before you call support, make sure you did a reset on the phone (hold Sleep and Home for 10 secs) and try a restore if the reset didn't work.

If neither of those fixed things up for ya, then give support a call :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Oddly enough, I haven't updated to 1.1.1 (because I don't want to lose my apps) but my phone still doesn't do Auto Brightness all the time. I would say that it auto brightens about 75% of the time. It's not that big of a deal, if it's darker then I save battery life anyway.