Auto lock settings on the Mini

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
On my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 under the Auto Lock settings there are several minute selections and a 'never' selection. On my iPad mini there are the minute selection but the 'never' selection in not there to select from. I use the never setting. To anyone's knowledge am I doing or not doing something that negates the never option from being available or is the never option not available on the mini?

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
On my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 under the Auto Lock settings there are several minute selections and a 'never' selection. On my iPad mini there are the minute selection but the 'never' selection in not there to select from. I use the never setting. To anyone's knowledge am I doing or not doing something that negates the never option from being available or is the never option not available on the mini?
I just checked my mini and I can see and have the never option..

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Update I had to call Apple and do a Restore iPad and that fixed the problem. I am now restoring everything to the Mini.

Update
I had restored the mini back to the original and set it up as a new iPad. this initially solved the problem or so I thought. I left the mini on and came back some time latter and it was off. The gremlins of electronics had invaded and I did not have the option for the auto lock to never kick on. It really stumped the Apple rep. I called Apple and reviewed the case. The rep. agreed it was time to replace the mini. I tried to get an appointment tomorrow and the first one available was at 8pm. I'll do it the later part of next week since we are heading out of town for Christmas. Apple, in my opinion has handled the situation professionally. The rep. assured me that there would be no problem when I go into exchange the mini.