Auto-lock

superchaos

Bronze
Feb 20, 2013
I think after updating,when watching youtube videos after about a minute or two my screen first goes to dim then soon goes to sleep or locked.Is auto lock the only setting because I believe that's always been set at 1 minute and haven't had that problem for a long time.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I take it you're on iOS 7.1 now correct?

I would say it may have to be something to do with iOS 7.1. I'm on iOS 7.0.6 and it doesn't auto lock when watching YouTube videos.

superchaos

Bronze
Feb 20, 2013
I just set auto-lock to 2 minuets because it gets annoying touching the phone to keep it from sleeping. When I first got ophone 4 over a year ago it did this but I think after updates it was gone but is doing that again.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I just set auto-lock to 2 minuets because it gets annoying touching the phone to keep it from sleeping. When I first got ophone 4 over a year ago it did this but I think after updates it was gone but is doing that again.
Your iPhone should not go to sleep while watching a video. It's not a 7.1 bug. I've never heard anyone else complain of that issue. Try a hard reset on your phone. Hold the top button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release. You might also try deleting the YouTube app, then installing it back.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
You might also try Reset All Settings. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. You will not lose your content.
You should not have to set auto lock on 2 or more minutes to watch a video.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
My 5s is locked in 30 second mode and when I go to settings>general>auto-lock, the auto-lock is dim so can't change it to another value. any help on this..
You're in Low Power Mode, which forces the Auto-Lock time to be 30 seconds. Turn Low Power Mode off (Settings > Battery) and you will once again be allowed to change the value of the Auto-Lock setting.