Auto Off feature...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Remo

Aug 31, 2007
would be totally awesome. I miss it coming from the Blackberry. It was a real battery saver since I don't use my phone from midnight to 6AM. I suppose I could shut it off manually, but why do it the hard way :)

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
would be totally awesome. I miss it coming from the Blackberry. It was a real battery saver since I don't use my phone from midnight to 6AM. I suppose I could shut it off manually, but why do it the hard way :)
boil it in a pot and i think you can do it.. FOREVER!

see also "set it on fire" and "run it over with the car/bike"

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I use my phone as an alarm clock so I would definitely want to leave it on. However, I wish there was (unless there is one and I'm just not noticing it) a sleep timer for the iPod, like say I was trying to fall asleep while at the beach, it would be nice to set the music to stop playing after like an hour to save the battery.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I use my phone as an alarm clock so I would definitely want to leave it on. However, I wish there was (unless there is one and I'm just not noticing it) a sleep timer for the iPod, like say I was trying to fall asleep while at the beach, it would be nice to set the music to stop playing after like an hour to save the battery.
there is a sleep timer! it's actually in a place that i think is a bit unintuitive. go to the Timer function in the Clock application. set the countdown for the length of time after which you want the ipod function to sleep, and select Sleep iPod for When Timer Ends (it's the first option at the top). voila!

motuser

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Oops...Never mind. Macgirl responded at the same time.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Over the years, I've read countless horror stories regarding phones and the beach.
Believe me, those fine particules of sand are not your friend. Somehow, you cant have your phone tucked away and protected and sand will still manage to get in it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
there is a sleep timer! it's actually in a place that i think is a bit unintuitive. go to the Timer function in the Clock application. set the countdown for the length of time after which you want the ipod function to sleep, and select Sleep iPod for When Timer Ends (it's the first option at the top). voila!

AHhh! Awesome! Thanks for that. Is it possible to do with a regular iPod as well, like a Nano or Classic?