Auto signature

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jafundy

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Is there any way to put an auto signature on each originated text? Is there an app that will do it if the phone won't? I know I can do it on email but would like to have it on text as well.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I've seen a few people do it and I actually asked one person to stop texting me because of the signature. I don't mind seeing a signature in an email but in each and every text? YIKES!

But yeah, a shortcut is probably going to be the only option..

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I made a png image of my signature. So I just paste it in wherever I need it. Docs, email, messages, etc. You wouldn't want to use the png with anyone though. They could copy your signature. Here's the difference between using a png and a shortcut:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443987942.987561.jpg

Last edited:

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
I hate graphic signatures in emails or any message with attachments I need to save. it's just more work to select which attachments to save, or it means I end up with a bunch of stupid little image files to delete later. And for what? Vanity by the sender? I traditionally use my contact info as a signature but as text. Graphics look spiffy, but they suck for the recipients.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is there an added benefit for having a signature on a text message? Is it just for formality's sake?
The only benefit I can see is if you frequently text multiple people you haven't texted before. It would save you the time in signing those particular texts. However, it's pointless and irritating to see a needless signature in every text when you already know who the person is, which accounts for the majority of the texts we receive. I believe this is the reason Apple doesn't allow it.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
The only benefit I can see is if you frequently text multiple people you haven't texted before. It would save you the time in signing those particular texts. However, it's pointless and irritating to see a needless signature in every text when you already know who the person is, which accounts for the majority of the texts we receive. I believe this is the reason Apple doesn't allow it.
I equate auto-sigs to vanity plates on cars. Pointless and (sometimes) annoying.