Auto-switch off

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
For the last couple of days my iPhone 5 hasn't been going into sleep mode automaticly I'm having to switch it of myself which is no big deal but I hope it will sort itself out don't want to swap it again for a new device..anyone else having this issue?

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I take it you've tried restarting the device?

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Yeh done a soft reset and I'm about to do a hard reset keep putting it off not keen on setting it up again as I-tunes never syncs all my music for some reason but I know if the hard reset doesn't help may have to get on to my network about getting a replacement sent out,fingers crossed..

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Do you get the location services icon in your status bar often?

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I see it more on my iPhone 5 than I did on my 4s but I put that down to ios6,do you think it's keeping my phone awake searching for my location.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Perhaps. Go to Settings/Privacy/Location Services/System Services [very bottom of the screen] and turn off stuff you don't really need.

On mine, I turned it off for Diagnostics & Usage, Genius for Apps, Location-Based iAds, and Setting Time Zone. I've seen much less of the little purple arrow. But I don't use Auto-Lock so I can't attest to how it might be affected. Something worth trying if not for the battery savings alone.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I wanted to know if there was any need for the system services settings to be switched on cos when ios4 or 5 came out they drained battery I've just got mobile network search and diagnostics & usage on and my battery life has been good,on the auto lock I've hard reset and I then put it on to auto-lock after 5 mins and it worked then I did lock after 1 min and its worked ok but I've just noticed its still on,so I'm going to do fresh download of ios6 from I-tunes(not over wifi,with a cable).i emailed Apple and they advised me to try this as it has worked for other customers..gotta say Apple replied within an hour of me emailing them...