Auto-switch off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Prozium12, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

For the last couple of days my iPhone 5 hasn't been going into sleep mode automaticly I'm having to switch it of myself which is no big deal but I hope it will sort itself out don't want to swap it again for a new device..anyone else having this issue?

2. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I take it you've tried restarting the device?

3. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Yeh done a soft reset and I'm about to do a hard reset keep putting it off not keen on setting it up again as I-tunes never syncs all my music for some reason but I know if the hard reset doesn't help may have to get on to my network about getting a replacement sent out,fingers crossed..

4. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Do you get the location services icon in your status bar often?

5. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I see it more on my iPhone 5 than I did on my 4s but I put that down to ios6,do you think it's keeping my phone awake searching for my location.

6. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Perhaps. Go to Settings/Privacy/Location Services/System Services [very bottom of the screen] and turn off stuff you don't really need.

On mine, I turned it off for Diagnostics & Usage, Genius for Apps, Location-Based iAds, and Setting Time Zone. I've seen much less of the little purple arrow. But I don't use Auto-Lock so I can't attest to how it might be affected. Something worth trying if not for the battery savings alone.

7. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I wanted to know if there was any need for the system services settings to be switched on cos when ios4 or 5 came out they drained battery I've just got mobile network search and diagnostics & usage on and my battery life has been good,on the auto lock I've hard reset and I then put it on to auto-lock after 5 mins and it worked then I did lock after 1 min and its worked ok but I've just noticed its still on,so I'm going to do fresh download of ios6 from I-tunes(not over wifi,with a cable).i emailed Apple and they advised me to try this as it has worked for other customers..gotta say Apple replied within an hour of me emailing them...

8. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

All good after re-sync threw I-tunes,it's auto-locking after 1min...