Auto sync when charging?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Prozium12, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I know this was supposed to be fixed with the last update but my ip5 still isn't syncing when charging I've ticked the box in iTunes that asks if you want to sync over wifi yet still not syncing, does the phone always sync when charging or does only sync if you have a new app or if you've downloaded music from iTunes.. Any ideas...

Sent from my iPhone5using iCafe app

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Only if there is something new to sync. New contact. Apps. Music (on either end) etc. photos also my prompt it.

3. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

That's what I wasn't sure about i thought it synced every charge even if you didn't have new apps or music or pics you've saved me a trip to Apple, thanks for the help..:)

Sent from my iPhone5using iCafe app

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

No problem. No one corrected me so I'm assuming I'm correct. It's the same when you plug into iTunes. It says preparing to sync then doesn't. With wifi it just knows. It's magic.

5. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Not sure that is correct mine syncs every night with or without changes.

6. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Are you watching it sync or haut going by the last sync on date and time.
    The date and time will reflect that night even if no sync was required due to no changes.

7. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm going to download a few new apps and take some pics and put it on charge see what happens... I never had this problem on my ip4s.. If there is a problem..( not happy with ios6) hope there is an update on the way..

8. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Not every time but it does sync. A sync can be a few second to a few hours but it should connect every day to at the very least compare even if there is nothing to sync. From what I read the OP was saying his is not even doing that.

9. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

On my ip5 it says last synced 26 th nov and I had to hook it up to laptop with lightning cable so obviously I've charged it since then but it hasn't synced,but i haven't had any new Apps or anything but i have now so it should sync those over wifi while charging, i know Apple said there was a problem with over the air syncing but the last update was supposed to have fixed it, it's due for a charge so will see if it syncs automaticly... It's not a big problem as I can always hook it up to laptop but it should work it worked fine on my 4s.. May email Genius Bar

10. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Bye the way my ipad2 syncs fine when I put it on to charge!?