Autofill & passwords

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by budala15, Dec 22, 2013.

1. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

Why won't my 5S autofill or ask to save passwords? I have this option selected in settings.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You seem to be having a lot of problems with your keyboard. You might need to take it to an Apple Store and the Genius Bar. Let them check it out. If there's no store close by, you can call Apple Support. I've called them several times. Or, you might call your carrier first. They may can help or put you through to Apple Support at no cost to you.

Sent using iCafe app

3. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

With my keyboard?

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Oh, be sure to try a hard reset first. Press the top button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Please elaborate on what you're tying to do. Autofill logins, passwords or just misspelled words? It won't autofill passwords. iCloud Keychain keeps all of your accounts and passwords up to date across devices. Do you have iCloud Keychain enabled with security set up on each device? Are you using multiple devices and is it not syncing the logins/passwords between them? If you just want it to autofill logins after typing the first couple letters, you can set up shortcuts in the keyboard settings.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Also, to autofill your personal info, be sure you have a contact set up for yourself. Name, email address and etc. and enable autofill to use contacts in settings. As Europa suggests, use shortcuts. Passwords and etc. if you type in a password for something, it should ask if you want to save it. Some sites, like banks, request the passwords not be saved.

Sent using iCafe app

7. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

So as long as I have keychain active websites should ask to save my passwords correct? I just tried to log in a website and it didn't ask me.

#7 budala15, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  8. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I has Keychain off. With it turned on it still doesn't ask me to save passwords on websites.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It does't ask; it just syncs them across devices once it's enabled.

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

When I log in to anything in Safari, it asks me if I want to save the password. If I tap yes, it adds it to the keychain feature. If the password is already saved, it doesn't ask. Some sites request that Safari not save the password, and it shows that on a pop up. The "asking" may just be a Safari feature, but I don't know that. Safari is my only browser.

Sent using iCafe app

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I have it enabled and it never asks me in Safari. I just logged into an account I haven't logged into for a couple years and it didn't ask.

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

May be this. Safari may not save or ask to save passwords if Private browsing is enabled.

Sent using iCafe app

13. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I just tried it on multiple sites and it never asked. Private browsing isn't on. What can I do to make it work?

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, I do not have private browsing on.

15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Another iOS 7 quirk then. From what I've seen in several forums, many are upset they don't have it and many wish they could turn it off, but can't. Apple has to be aware of it. Yet no fix in beta 2.

Sent using iCafe app

16. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I have no idea! Were me, I'd first call my carrier, Verizon, and see what they might know. If they had no clue, they could put me through to Apple Support. It's free that way. I think Apple gives you 1 free call, then charges $20 for afterward. Or they did. iOS 7 may have changed that. Which iPhone do you use? It seems the 5s has more iOS 7 glitches than the 5.

Sent using iCafe app

17. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I have the 5S.

18. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

No one seems to have a fix for the "save password" feature. Call Apple Support. If there's a fix, they'll help you.

Sent using iCafe app