Automatic: An Auto Accessory

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by EverythingApple, Mar 18, 2014.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Does anyone, @chris , have info on this neat product. I saw it in an ad on Facebook.

http://www.automatic.com

This is the Automatic Link
    The Link is an auto accessory that talks to your car's onboard computer and uses your smartphone's GPS and data plan to upgrade your car's capabilities. Every Link works with both iPhone and Android.

Automatic works only in the United States with just about any gasoline engine car sold in the U.S. since 1996.

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

A friend of mine has one. I've yet to see it in action or use it. Looks like a pretty cool product.

3. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I was thinking about preordering back in its early days but then I thought about how it can track me wherever I go. I wasn't sure if that's all stored in a server somewhere which I don't want. It would also get pretty annoying when it beeps every time I accelerate to quickly or brake too hard. You can also purchase an OBD2 WiFi scanner tool from eBay, which I have, for less and pair it with an app from the AppStore that provides similar features as Automatic. Just do a search for OBD2 or Dashcommand.