Automatic iCloud Backups

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by Bunk009, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

Ever since January 31, my phone has stopped being able to backup via iCloud. Both automatically and manually.

I have plenty of storage space and it will attempt to backup, spin for a few minutes and then say iCloud backup could not be completed.

So so so frustrating. Anyone know a fix or had this problem? Tried hard reset and also logging out and back in to iCloud. Also when I go to manage storage, it says "no data," for my photos.

Stumped and can't really find a fix anywhere.

Thanks!

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Connect to your computer via USB, open iTunes, select "backup to this computer" and complete a backup. Now open iCloud on your phone, delete your iCloud backup, go back to iTunes and select "backup to iCloud," then open iCloud on your phone and do a backup on WiFi. After that, it will automatically backup to iCloud.

3. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

Wow thanks.

1. Should I keep it plugged in via usb when I open icloud on phone to delete iCloud backup?
    2. Since I use iCloud Photo Library beta, is that why when I look at the parts of my backup it says "no data" for Camera roll?

Thank you again

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. No, that's not necessary.
    2. Correct.

5. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

Mahalo!!!

6. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

Is that a common problem that's happened to you before?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I haven't ever had it happen, but I've seen threads where other people stated that they had the same problem. The solution I posted seemed to do the trick.

8. Kenny65

Kenny65 New Member

For some reason (since early Dec) I keep getting a message when i go into my photo album...iCloud Photo Library has not updated in 80 (keeps going up since returning from cruise in early Dec). Connect to Wi-Fi to update. Can't understand this since I thought I was connect. Any assistance is appreciated.

9. JamessAnderson

JamessAnderson New Member

When set up an iCloud account for activating your phone or upgradeding to iOS 5) music, movies, pictures, apps, contacts, calender, reminders, and phone settings are back up daily without any action from you. When you get your new phone, login with the same iCloud account and all your apps and settings will be restored.