Automatic Image Resizing?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Would it be possible to add that feature to EIC? When some one posts a 800 x 600 (or more) image, for instance, it doesn't fit the screen and takes a lot of space in the page, so would adding the Auto-Image-Resizing feature be possible like the Click To Enlarge thing?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked and discussed before.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Would it be possible to add that feature to EIC? When some one posts a 800 x 600 (or more) image, for instance, it doesn't fit the screen and takes a lot of space in the page, so would adding the Auto-Image-Resizing feature be possible like the Click To Enlarge thing?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked and discussed before.
I like that idea, Tarek. Loading some threads with huge images, distorts the layout and looks pretty crappy IMO. I'm sorry but when I see a horizontal scrollbar, that's just a big turn-off and something needs to be done...

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Actually, I really like seeing the full, detailed pictures in the 3GS Picture Thread.

And for the most part, that's where I usually see the "over sized" pictures. Except maybe the desktop screen shot thread. I don't mind it so much.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Well, as I said, there could be a feature where you can view the full picture when you click it, as in optional, but not automatically when the page loads because it's disturbing.

Let me show you what I'm talking about...

It says "The picture has been resized to fit. Please click on it to view its full size".

That's what you see when you click it (of course that depends on the image's original size, so the Desktop pictures will definitely be bigger than that)...

It says "Click on it again to fit the screen" which makes it small again.

I think it's a good idea for this forum, especially when viewing threads like Desktop Pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
juls1585 said:
is there anyway to just add in a image uploading feature similar to how we upload our icon picture thingys (i am so computer savvy i know). im sure most would use it instead of a third party uploader because its much quicker than having to go to a website, find the file and upload it, wait for it to upload and then post the html link.

i know i would use it atleast.
I'd definitely use it too. That's what they use on the forum I posted images of below. That's probably why it has the automatic resizing feature? I don't know.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Its definitely possible. I would also like this feature.
I guess we wait to see what chris says.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Not until I get my fullscreen youtube embed. :eek:k:eek:k

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I want to be able to blow up a video to fullscreen without bailing to the youtube site. Chris has the proper plugin, he has just had some issues with it.

And I was joking.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i think people are responsible with their pic sizes for the most part. The only times where it's abundant are in dedicated pic threads like seanwes mentioned - and there it would be a PITA to have to click on every image to see the whole thing.

maybe just implement it on the "iPhone adfree" template? on the iPhone you can't really see detailed images well anyway, and it would speed up downloads in image-heavy threads quite a bit.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Yes, it is Fifa 2010 Demo. I read awesome reviews about it and waiting for the full version on Xbox 360 to arrive in Egypt.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
But see. That image for example, I didn't care if it was full res. I could have just looked and moved on. If there was an interesting image I could click to see full size if I wanted.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Ahh cool :)
I think it comes out in October over here.
That's the official release date. If it will come to Egypt, it will be like four or five months later so that's why I might just order it but thinking of a shipping method that can actually SHIP DVDs.. Amazon doesn't do that :(. Just books :(.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
That's the official release date. If it will come to Egypt, it will be like four or five months later so that's why I might just order it but thinking of a shipping method that can actually S ' HIP DVDs.. Amazon doesn't do that :(. Just books :(.
Do you have Xbox Live? Because in the Xbox online store (I forget its name) you can just purchase and download games right to your xbox, but I'm thinking the game still won't be available online for a few months? Maybe you could have an english account or something.... Just thinking out loud xD

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Yeah I do have a Xbox Live account. All you have to do is register a new email address with the United States as its country. Yeah, I know people here who sell Microsoft Live Points as well as Gold Live cards. You can purchase games using the Points and of course play them using your Gold Live subscription. Fifa 2010 is available as a Demo at the moment, so you'll have to wait for the official release or maybe it will be available on Live 10 days before the actual DVDs come out. I've never purchased anything from Live except a Call of Duty map pack so I wouldn't really know. Speaking of which, it's stupid how some people actually compare Playstation's online with Xbox Live.. that's just incomparable because Sony has the worst servers ever lol.

Forgot to mention, it's called Xbox Live Marketplace (or something).