Automatic WiFi Connection

bkushner

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
Many times when I'm at my home connection, when I fire the phone up I have to manually go into settings and pick my wifi connection or it will stay on edge. Other times it does it automatically. Is there a way to get it to connect auto every time it's near my WIFI?

Brian

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
The iPhone is supposed to automatically join known networks. It even says it right at the bottom of the wi-fi settings. I'm not on my home network right now but maybe there is a setting in the menu when you press the blue arrow next to the network name (I don't think there is, though). Good luck.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Many times when I'm at my home connection, when I fire the phone up I have to manually go into settings and pick my wifi connection or it will stay on edge. Other times it does it automatically. Is there a way to get it to connect auto every time it's near my WIFI?

Brian
It will often hesitate, but if you have Wi-Fi turned on, and your home network checked, it will find your network.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007

Brian
Give it about 15 seconds and it'll do it. Maybe wait 30 seconds at most. It's not immediate otherwise your batteries would run dry a lot faster if it was ALWAYS (every 1/2 second) looking for a signal and getting an IP address very quickly through DHCP