Automatically download emails?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
Is there a way to set the iPhone to automatically download all emails at a preset time? Say, set it to download email every 2 hours? Im using Yahoo mail in the iPhone

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
GO TO SETTINGS/MAIL/ on the auto check section select the intervals you want the iPhone to check for mail...there is manual9everytime you check) 15 mins, 30 mins, every hour...

applecart

Bronze
Oct 13, 2007
miami, fl
fyi, you only need to adjust settings/mail/auto-check if you have non-yahoo email accounts, ie aol, gmail, etc.

if you only have yahoo email accts, the auto-check option will "disappear" as yahoo mail is push mail and does not need this option.

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
fyi, you only need to adjust settings/mail/auto-check if you have non-yahoo email accounts, ie aol, gmail, etc.

if you only have yahoo email accts, the auto-check option will "disappear" as yahoo mail is push mail and does not need this option.
What the different if Push Mail or not? hmm.. Im using Yahoo Mail, and the auto-check disappear in the setting/mail..

So, there is no way for my Yahoo Mail auto-check?

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
What the different if Push Mail or not? hmm.. Im using Yahoo Mail, and the auto-check disappear in the setting/mail..

So, there is no way for my Yahoo Mail auto-check?
Push mail should come to you automatically as it is received. That's as auto-check as you can get.

kazaam

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
Push mail should come to you automatically as it is received. That's as auto-check as you can get.
It never automatically delivery to me. I always have to click on the Mail program, then check my email, by then it will download all the new emails..

DOes anyone else experience this problem? Or perharp im the only one?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
mario8267 said:
I experience this se exact problem! If yahoo is "push" then why do I have to click the mail icon to download new emails?
kazaam said:
It never automatically delivery to me. I always have to click on the Mail program, then check my email, by then it will download all the new emails..
DOes anyone else experience this problem? Or perharp im the only one?
beej said:
Theoretically, push email should come to you as soon as it's rec'd. But that aint happening. I have the same issue as others. Like kazaam, I have to do too much just to get my yahoo email.

Yahoo "push" for some of us means we have to "pull" it ourselves... whats the point?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I experience this se exact problem! If yahoo is "push" then why do I have to click the mail icon to download new emails?
My Yahoo push is also working as a pull. I thought I misunderstood what push meant. lol! :p

Seriously, I figured that I did not set something correctly. Since I get the mail when I tap the mail icon, I am OK.

When I first was trying to set up Yahoo mail on my iPhone I could only see it on the phone and not login on yahoo on the PC at all. Also, I could not get on the wifi at work on the iPhone, so I had to read the yahoo email on the iPhone and then respond to people in my gmail...that was NOT the best day ever. Yahoo resolved it by the evening.

My yahoo mail is name@mydomain.com, not name @yahoo.com, but I do not think that should matter.