Automatically typing certain special characters on iOS

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have both. But I don't use action menu.
I would uninstall Action Menu, do a hard reset and then test it to see if that fixes it. Sometimes a tweak that works fine for others conflicts with something you have installed that they don't.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I would uninstall Action Menu, do a hard reset and then test it to see if that fixes it. Sometimes a tweak that works fine for others conflicts with something you have installed that they don't.
I removed Action Menu and Action Menu Plus Pack and Resprung and now it works. I'll re-add it and see what happens.

Edit: I re-installed both Action Menu and Actin Menu Plus Pack, than resprung, and it still is working. Don't know what happened.

Last edited:

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Compatibility charts? It's a stock feature, not a jailbreak tweak. Apple hasn't removed it.
Ah, but there is also a tweak, called 'Double At' (@@). Been using it for a number of years. Just not working now on iOS 7.1.x. Same terms, different context! O_o

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ah, but there is also a tweak, called 'Double At' (@@). Been using it for a number of years. Just not working now on iOS 7.1.x. Same terms, different context! O_o
Yeah, that's a needless tweak. Just set it up stock.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I removed Action Menu and Action Menu Plus Pack and Resprung and now it works. I'll re-add it and see what happens.

Edit: I re-installed both Action Menu and Actin Menu Plus Pack, than resprung, and it still is working. Don't know what happened.
Cool. Glad to hear that it worked.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Yeah, that's a needless tweak. Just set it up stock.
Well, it only real distinction is that it could be used to enter your password in the App Store. It was pretty handy since I made my password a little more convoluted! Otherwise, I agree with you.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well, it only real distinction is that it could be used to enter your password in the App Store. It was pretty handy since I made my password a little more convoluted! Otherwise, I agree with you.
I thought we were talking about @@ to fill in the email address itself, not passwords.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I thought we were talking about @@ to fill in the email address itself, not passwords.
And I thought we were talking about shortcuts, in general! Whatever!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
And I thought we were talking about shortcuts, in general! Whatever!
We are talking about shortcuts. But this is a thread about the stock shortcuts feature, not a Cydia tweak that's being discussed in the jailbreak forum. You said it wasn't working and no one knew you were referring to a jailbreak tweak. The stock @@ still works fine.