Availability?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bulls6pack, Mar 13, 2011.

1. bulls6pack

bulls6pack Member
    Bronze

I'm not sure what to. Looking for a Black WIFI/3G AT&T 32GB iPad 2, but out of stock everywhere, obviously. Don't know if I should wait for the shelves to restock or just order online and wait 3-4 weeks for it. I'm afraid if I wait for stores to get them, I'll be waiting a long time and ordering online anyway pushing my total wait time back even farther. My question is this, those of you who remember, after the original iPad sold like hotcakes, how long did it take to see them stocked back up again in stores? What should I do?

2. bulls6pack

bulls6pack Member
    Bronze

Anyone anyone anyone?

3. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

Target says they are getting more in on Monday. Apple gets deliveries every day but they don't know which ones. I suspect most of the retail outlets that are selling the ip2's will get more on Monday... you can call and check when they get deliveries and then go wait.

4. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Thats what i was going to say. Most targets didn't get any for launch day and have said they will have them Monday. Id wait at least to check them out

5. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

Oh, the 2 Targets I went to had plenty... they were ALL 64Gig wifi. Nothing else.

6. fithgear66

fithgear66 New Member
    Bronze

Just ordered mine online yesterday. I have very little time to make it out to an Apple store let alone wait in line without a guarantee the model I want is in stock (white 32GB 3G)

7. bulls6pack

bulls6pack Member
    Bronze

Thanks guys! I think I will check AT&T, Best Buy, and Target tomorrow. If they don't have what I want or don't know when they'll be getting more, I guess I'll order online and wait 3-4 weeks.

8. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot
    Gold

You can't really use last year as a guide because the Wi-Fi iPad came out in early April and the 3G iPad came out in late April. This year, ALL models of the iPad came out on the same day.

Although I do remember when iPad sales started to pick up it seemed to be always out of stock even at Apple Stores. But, I think only Apple was selling iPads at the time. It took a while before AT&T started selling it, then Best Buy, Verizon, Wal-Mart, etc.

This year there are many more ways to buy an iPad. With that said, I'd get my online order in with Apple ASAP. I think they will always give themselves the best stock and you shouldn't have to settle for a model that you don't want.

9. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Now that the new iPad is out, what is Apple still selling as far a the iPad 2 is concerned? Is it only the 16 GB models, or will they continue to stock all models?

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I had already checked the store myself. That's why I asked here. Just looking for some confirmation that only the 16 GB is now available

12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I was only trying to help.

13. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

You might still get lucky and find a 32 or 64 at some store locations but doubtful, once they marked them down a little companies Techs probably bought em out. Most companies wait for the next best model to come out them grab up the "last years" model for employee use at cheaper prices. Tablets are becoming very popular among businessses, our pastor even uses one on the pulpit for sermon notes, his Bible, and all the songs he sings.
    Paper may someday be as obsolete as the 8 track/cassettes and VHS.
    I have quite a library building on my iPhone and didn't have to search a bookstore's shelves for an hour lol

There's always referbs or used ones people sellin when they get the new one.

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
    Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!