Average Activation Time in the Southeast?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 29, 2007
I'm in NC....noticed some people from GA have been endlessly waiting on the fabled activation email....anyone else in the southeast having the same problem? Also noticed that at least one poster (JP-something) finally got theirs activated....if you're reading....what was your wait time? Same goes for anyone else in the region...how long did you wait?

P.S. Seems to be affecting existing customers mostly....interested in hearing from those folks....

tjpyles

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Verizon wireless customer in Birmingham, AL. Porting over my existing number - I've been waiting just short of 3 hours now.

Jun 29, 2007
Guess I should've heeded my own request, forgot to tell how long my wait has been....I've been waiting since about 8pm....roughly three hours as well.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
in COla, SC -- got the 24 hr wait email and a second email strange just said to expect another email to say when it would activate.

and for now I'm dead in the water. The phone won't do anything but turn on to the emergency number screen -- cannot get beyond that. one call to one of the numbers offerred no answers or help. On hold with another number now.

Looks like with the server outage during sales time at ATT and took nearly 2 hrs at store ( was 30th on line), ATT wasn't quite ready.

Jun 29, 2007
in COla, SC -- got the 24 hr wait email and a second email strange just said to expect another email to say when it would activate.

and for now I'm dead in the water. The phone won't do anything but turn on to the emergency number screen -- cannot get beyond that. one call to one of the numbers offerred no answers or help. On hold with another number now.

Looks like with the server outage during sales time at ATT and took nearly 2 hrs at store ( was 30th on line), ATT wasn't quite ready.
Cola-town....go Game****s.....yeah, the store up here took the server hit as well. They were breaking out the old school receipt books when they finally came back up. I was number 13 in line....lucky number 13 it seems.

Not. :)

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I am in New Jersey..

It has been 4 hours since I began the activation process..

I am an current customer of Cingular/AT&T and I was porting one of my existing numbers.

I had a lot of trouble getting through the initial screen, but after 2 hours and a couple of phone calls I got past that.

Then they deativated my current cell phone and I got the e-mail stating it would take additional time to complete.

At this point it has been over 2 hours since I got that e-mail and I still haven't heard anything.

I am in Southern New Jersey.

Jun 29, 2007
ATL here and still waiting 3 hours

Still waiting here in Atlanta, called AT&T told it could take 30 or more minutes that was 2 hours ago... frustrating, but at least I have one...

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I'm in NC....noticed some people from GA have been endlessly waiting on the fabled activation email....anyone else in the southeast having the same problem? Also noticed that at least one poster (JP-something) finally got theirs activated....if you're reading....what was your wait time? Same goes for anyone else in the region...how long did you wait?

P.S. Seems to be affecting existing customers mostly....interested in hearing from those folks....
I was one of the Atlanta waiters along with JP, took me approx. 3 hours for the activation. Now, I am in love with it.

EDIT: Existing number, existing customer.

Jun 29, 2007
Guess I'll just stay up and wait...

don't think I can go to sleep until I see this thing work... looks like 3 or more hours for existing customers... does that sound right... started the process at 7:45...

MandyCh1ck

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
ugghh.. I've been waiting since 7:30. Existing customer, Tallahassee, FL. It makes me so frustrated that I can't do anything to help speed it along. I just wish I could play with it... and now I can't even talk on my other phone! But... at least I have one, I can't wait to use it!

I'm near Huntington WV and I waited about 15 minutes until I could call out and about 2.5 hours until I was fully functional. I can now send and receive calls, email, everything. Woo Hoo! My husband says the sound on the other end is great. He said "It's like you're in the next room"... I was, but that's not the point. The sound is great, at least from one AT&T phone to another.

MandyCh1ck

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
can someone explain what it does when it's actually activated? do you need to get that email or does it just let you know? does the phone just start working? any noise or text message? just so i have an idea if i should stare at my inbox or constantly push the button on the phone... haha. i'm getting obsessive at this point.