Average Activation Time in the Southeast?

ennbr

Jun 16, 2007
Finally got someone to turn on my canceled Activation from last night. Since my Verizon number has now been ported to ATT the plan is to wait 2 hours for the system to catch up then call back and they think they can just update my account. Wow and it's only been 39 hours since I started.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I went to my AT&T store and just got a NEW SIM there was 5 other people there doing the same. It activated in 10 seconds after redoing my data plan at home. Get a new sim asap!

mattmanatl

Jun 29, 2007
How did you get them to give you a new SIM, my AT&T store said that they didn't have any SIMs that work in the iPhone... (which I'm sure is not true)... will you end up having more than one account activated? Uggh! I don't know what to do.........

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
great news ,platinum, congrats

I tried it yesterday and it did not work for me and for others. Again there seems to be no hyhme or reason. Both the ATT and Apple CSR's this morning said they saw no reason it should work but I told them it does according tto many online here. They said great, they just had no explanation for why.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
How did you get them to give you a new SIM, my AT&T store said that they didn't have any SIMs that work in the iPhone... (which I'm sure is not true)... will you end up having more than one account activated? Uggh! I don't know what to do.........
yes there is a chance you will ahve two accounts to clear up clean up but that hassle is worth it to many including me ASSUMING i could get it to work which in my case would be three if I go get another SIM card.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I just told them I talked to AT&T customer support numerous times and they told me to try a new sim, the lady had a large stack of of them like businesss cards. Its just an ordinary unused GSM sim card, nothing special.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
great news ,platinum, congrats

I tried it yesterday and it did not work for me and for others. Again there seems to be no hyhme or reason. Both the ATT and Apple CSR's this morning said they saw no reason it should work but I told them it does according tto many online here. They said great, they just had no explanation for why.
You could try going to the AT&T store and having them look into their system about it. I talked to numerous CSR's this morning and all of them were pretty clueless, one was a bit knowledgeable... but at the store they were really helpful. Are you an existing customer? You could always try another new sim, right now it seems everything is up and running fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
yes there is a chance you will ahve two accounts to clear up clean up but that hassle is worth it to many including me ASSUMING i could get it to work which in my case would be three if I go get another SIM card.
I asked the lady, she said that the others deactivate when you start a new one. Basically the new one overwrites the old ones.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
nope, new customer , and all the people at my store could do was call the same folks I've been calling from here ----- yesterday afternoon they even acted surprised anyone was having activatioin issues and blamed it on Apple saying they had nothing to do with it = clueless

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
nope, new customer , and all the people at my store could do was call the same folks I've been calling from here ----- yesterday afternoon they even acted surprised anyone was having activatioin issues and blamed it on Apple saying they had nothing to do with it = clueless
I would go try one more sim card, the people at my store looked shocked mine hadnt started working yet. This morning it seems you get through really fast... give it a shot.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
going to, doesn't open for 50 min here

main fear is that it coud give me 3 active accounts to deal with

so that's really a ? I ahve not seen addressed. has anyone who got activated with a second SIM card finally received email that their first SIM card was Activated?

rhproductions

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Tennessee
I'm gonna try my third this morning. I'm also going to get my credit check done in the store this time as well (when I first bought it their system crashed so I was unable to do it instore) so maybe having my credit code will speed things up for me this time.....38 hours.....

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I'm gonna try my third this morning. I'm also going to get my credit check done in the store this time as well (when I first bought it their system crashed so I was unable to do it instore) so maybe having my credit code will speed things up for me this time.....38 hours.....
They did it in store here Day 1 which added to wait time, BUT BUT they gave us no credit code and when I went back the next day they had no clue what a credit code was, so I was approved in store and had to just leave the credit code thing blank. It went through fine that way, let me choose my plan etc, said nothing about paying anything extra so I presume it knew I was OK from the social and address etc.

ColPhorbin

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Ok so its just an ordinary GSM card? They should have that at the Cingular/AT&T franchise stores in my town then shouldn't they? Otherwise I have to drive to a city that is an hour away like I did to get the iPhone on Friday...I would much rather drive around the corner to the little Cingular store here if I could. Please someone with any

rhproductions

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Tennessee
They did it in store here Day 1 which added to wait time, BUT BUT they gave us no credit code and when I went back the next day they had no clue what a credit code was, so I was approved in store and had to just leave the credit code thing blank. It went through fine that way, let me choose my plan etc, said nothing about paying anything extra so I presume it knew I was OK from the social and address etc.
Well I accually got halfway through my check the first day (I'm 20 and have no credit) but once they found that out, they couldnt get my code to register and print properly, so they told me to leave it blank and when i registered it would send me a code to bring back to them, pay the deposit, then go back home and finish activation......none of that has happened yet..... so hopefully my rep will be able to get it for me this time.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
deac,platinum, rhproductions and a few others i sent a pm to you all. Mine is up and running finally, after being up all night and help from mattyb, called someone at 877-800-3701. They tracked my problem to a confusion with iTunes and my previous pda data package. She put me through to someone else after a hr wait and they activated it while i was on the land line with them:laugh2: took 5mins just got some codes of my box and phone number and order number

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
Hopefully figured out the problem

I'm currently on hour 38 with this whole ordeal and I've managed to stay relatively calm throughout.

I'm a current Verizon Customer. I finally spoke with a very helpful rep located in Canada.

-Make sure you entered your name exactly how it appears on your verizon bill. My bill says Christopher, but I entered Chris.

-In porting the number, make sure you keep your verizon billing address and the primary place you'll use the phone the same. DON'T ENTER "OTHER"!

-You only need to enter your account number up to the hyphen. Anything after that will only bring up an error and delay you more!

-This rep canceled my activation. I went through the process again of activation and made sure all of the info is exactly correct.

-She's calling me back in 2 hours to manually activate the phone for me.

Hope this helps. This phone better be worth it!

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I'm currently on hour 38 with this whole ordeal and I've managed to stay relatively calm throughout.

I'm a current Verizon Customer. I finally spoke with a very helpful rep located in Canada.

-Make sure you entered your name exactly how it appears on your verizon bill. My bill says Christopher, but I entered Chris.

-In porting the number, make sure you keep your verizon billing address and the primary place you'll use the phone the same. DON'T ENTER "OTHER"!

-You only need to enter your account number up to the hyphen. Anything after that will only bring up an error and delay you more!

-This rep canceled my activation. I went through the process again of activation and made sure all of the info is exactly correct.

-She's calling me back in 2 hours to manually activate the phone for me.

Hope this helps. This phone better be worth it!

awesome info --- why the hell couldn't one of the 6-8 I talked to told me that ----- now I'm even more pissed....... they told me to be sure to enter info exactly as on credit app so i did which uses home address but my old Alltel acct I'm porting is from my work address. Also I entered the entire acct number with the hyphen and god only knows if I used William or Billy on both.. dammmmnmnnnnnnnnnnn

which number did you call to get this info?