Average Activation Time in the Southeast?

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
AOBTW she had to call me back on my old cell which is stilll working!

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
NOW I"M GETTING CITED!
SHE says she is activating me as we speak, type, whatever.

And she did say I need to go back to my original SIM card

and she did say it was a poring problem and a new ATT number had been assigned but was wrong, and now I ahve blown off porting and am activting a new number for now.

I've got every tremeity I ahve crossed!

more shortly hopefully
so if i don't port my verizon number now, is it possible to do it later and overwrite a number that att would give me?

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
AOBTW again -- she also is in Canada

CANDIANS RULE :)

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
so if i don't port my verizon number now, is it possible to do it later and overwrite a number that att would give me?
yes according to all I've been told by many ATT folks

said wait and port later in the week when things have settled down

This wonderful lady I'm still on phone with said she is still letting the port request go through and that it may well happen but that I might have to call back in a few days to e sure but i'll be able to tell if my iPhone changes numbers

ximermot

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
power it off by holding the sleep wake button on the top until a prompt on the screen comes up for you to slide to the right to turn off. it'll power itself back on when you plug it into your computer.

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
power it off by holding the sleep wake button on the top until a prompt on the screen comes up for you to slide to the right to turn off. it'll power itself back on when you plug it into your computer.
unfortunately that power off and plug back in trick only works for a lucky select few.....not including me!

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I Have Jsut Received My First Call On The iPhone!

Yes Es Yes Es Yes Es :) :):)

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
TINA and I LOVE HER -- SHE"S MINE!

gosh i wish i could get ahold of her! so jealous.
i'm stuck now.
since i canceled my first try and fixed the incorrect info the second time around, i have yet to receive another activation id!

uh oh

mattmanatl

Jun 29, 2007
Spent 1.25 hours on the phone (877-800-3701) guy said he was rebuilding the activation manually... it took forever... then when I thought it was going to be golden... he says ok, now its going to take an hour or two to activate... that was at noon... it just keeps getting more insane... and now Apple discussion boards have been taken offline... what the !@#$%

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
Spent 1.25 hours on the phone (877-800-3701) guy said he was rebuilding the activation manually... it took forever... then when I thought it was going to be golden... he says ok, now its going to take an hour or two to activate... that was at noon... it just keeps getting more insane... and now Apple discussion boards have been taken offline... what the !@#$%
big surprise there. i wonder if there will actually be anything in the news regarding the chaos that has become activating these phones. for something hyped so much, one can only hope they suffer a little bit in the media for all of our suffering and hours on hold!

Jun 28, 2007
2:15. I finally got someone on the phone that got me activated.

I started at 7:45 Friday night. I don't wish that upon anyone. Glad I can see more than the globe now.

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
very nice woman named sarah (from canada) actually called me back. said they are waiting on the port to go through. gave me my new activation id.

i called verizon to check on status and was told they couldn't tell me anything about porting. made it a point to tell me i was under contract and that i would have another bill. not very polite people considering i've had 2 lines with them for the last 7 years!
when asked why i was leaving it was pretty simple.....the iPhone. she said "oh" ;)
hopefully this decision won't bite me in the butt.

c'mon! activate!

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
first pic taken adn emailed, emails sent, calls made, weather local set

I'm cookin

thanks for everyone's tips and help

hope thoe of you in activation hell are soon to get out

ITS PLAY TIME!

mattmanatl

Jun 29, 2007
Finally got connected to someone who I guess knew what he was doing... MY PHONE IS LIVE! good luck to the rest of you... I feel your pain, but just keep calling and hopefully you will find someone who will get it right...

mijpatel

Jul 1, 2007
Activation requires additional time

I have been waiting 26 hours and the damn thing is stuck in the activation state. I've called 4 different numbers and they are all morons. One told me to keep the sim in and phone plugged in (I think that is useless), another told me i can take my sim out and use it in another phone while i wait (that made more sense). I don't know how people have been able to cancel their activation because none of the 6 agents i have spoken with knew of that option! I am an existing cingular customer of 5 years. The most frustrating thing is that one of my friends walked in to the same store as me (New York, 5th ave) and got one this morning and hers activated in 5min! She was in the same boat as me (existing customer). All the numbers are useless, I think we will just have to wait this one out and raise hell if it takes too long. Maybe i should try calling Apple now?

mijpatel

Jul 1, 2007
Finally got connected to someone who I guess knew what he was doing... MY PHONE IS LIVE! good luck to the rest of you... I feel your pain, but just keep calling and hopefully you will find someone who will get it right...
Which number did you use?

mjb2333

Jul 1, 2007
I have been waiting 26 hours and the damn thing is stuck in the activation state. I've called 4 different numbers and they are all morons. One told me to keep the sim in and phone plugged in (I think that is useless), another told me i can take my sim out and use it in another phone while i wait (that made more sense). I don't know how people have been able to cancel their activation because none of the 6 agents i have spoken with knew of that option! I am an existing cingular customer of 5 years. The most frustrating thing is that one of my friends walked in to the same store as me (New York, 5th ave) and got one this morning and hers activated in 5min! She was in the same boat as me (existing customer). All the numbers are useless, I think we will just have to wait this one out and raise hell if it takes too long. Maybe i should try calling Apple now?

I was also waiting for close to 40 hours and tried calling numerous times...Just 20 mins ago I finally got it activated. Called the ATT iPhone support number, and the guy activated it in less then 2 minutes.

mijpatel

Jul 1, 2007
dude what are you doing here? do you seriously have a iPhone and you think you can take a sim card out? you should let someone more deserving have the phone
YES YOU CAN TAKE THE SIM CARD OUT WITH A PAPERCLIP OR THUMB TACK, PRETTY DAMN EASY YOU MORON. THOSE OF US UNLUCKY ONES WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING 24+ HOURS NEED A PHONE TO USE SO WE HAVE TO TAKE THE SIM OUT TEMPORARILY