Average Activation Time in the Southeast?

mijpatel

Jul 1, 2007
I was also waiting for close to 40 hours and tried calling numerous times...Just 20 mins ago I finally got it activated. Called the ATT iPhone support number, and the guy activated it in less then 2 minutes.
Which number did you use? They all keep telling me I have to wait for the confirmation email. Was the guy actually able to speed up the confirmation email?

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey
Fight the machine.

It's almost been 48 hours. I am so frustrated. iLawyer is ready file an iclass action lawsuit. Anyone interested?

brunn1022

Jun 25, 2007
Cincinnati
It's almost been 48 hours. I am so frustrated. iLawyer is ready file an iclass action lawsuit. Anyone interested?
Im with you, coming up on 48 hrs at 7 tonight. This is pure BS! Just talked to Apple and they said they sold 3 times the amt of phones they thought they would sell resulting in slow activation times. WTF :mad:

mijpatel

Jul 1, 2007
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

I'm in, what do i have to do? This is ridiculous. Does anyone know the first 2-day sales numbers?

mijpatel

Jul 1, 2007
Im with you, coming up on 48 hrs at 7 tonight. This is pure BS! Just talked to Apple and they said they sold 3 times the amt of phones they thought they would sell resulting in slow activation times. WTF :mad:
FINALLY! OK GUYS, THIS IS WHAT YOU DO. CALL 800-694-7466 AND TELL THEM ABOUT THE PROBLEM YOU ARE HAVING. WITHIN FEW MIN I GOT THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL AFTER NEARLY 30 HOURS OF WAITING!

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Finally got connected to someone who I guess knew what he was doing... MY PHONE IS LIVE! good luck to the rest of you... I feel your pain, but just keep calling and hopefully you will find someone who will get it right...
What did he do? What number did you call? Why was your phone having problems?

Share the wealth!

Gregbab

Jun 30, 2007

I will go for it too. Almost 2 days.If you need my info let me know.

gregbab.

Denny Crane

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
I will go for it too. Almost 2 days.If you need my info let me know.

gregbab.
It is beyond ridiculous. I am sitting here at almost 48 hours and they told me this morning that it could take an additional 72 hours to resolve my issue. :mad:

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey
Still waiting.

FINALLY! OK GUYS, THIS IS WHAT YOU DO. CALL 800-694-7466 AND TELL THEM ABOUT THE PROBLEM YOU ARE HAVING. WITHIN FEW MIN I GOT THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL AFTER NEARLY 30 HOURS OF WAITING!

I called them. Still nothing. The class action requires an enormous amount of work. I would need a website set up where everyone can go and make a claim. Then we need to be certified as a class and file a complaint. Still thinking about doing it, I am pissed at AT&T.

c1ockwerk

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
been waiting for 48 hours now this sucks

mijpatel

Jul 1, 2007
What did he do? What number did you call? Why was your phone having problems?

Share the wealth!
He sent a message to the support team with my number and info and before he picked me up from hold I had the confirmation email in my inbox. 800-694-7466 is the number, the problem that i was having is i was an existing cingular customer and saw the "your activation requires additional time to complete" message in iTunes after the activation steps. I think it is an ATT problem and not AAPL

zaxwrit

Jul 1, 2007
Thank You!

I found this forum, don't know how, but thank goodness because we called the 877 800 3701 # listed in this thread and the woman activated our phone right then and there. We had been waiting 40 hours!

So, thank you so much for posting about this!

mijpatel

Jul 1, 2007
I found this forum, don't know how, but thank goodness because we called the 877 800 3701 # listed in this thread and the woman activated our phone right then and there. We had been waiting 40 hours!

So, thank you so much for posting about this!
I originally called 877-800-3701 too, but she couldn't helped me, instead she transfered me to their iPhone dept which she said had the number 800-694-7466 and they were the ones that activated it. it may have been a coincidence since i had been calling numbers all day and it finally works, but i think the message he sent out may have made a difference.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The plot thickens.

I don't know if this rep knows what she is talking about, but she told me that everytime I shut down my computer or take my iPhone out of the dock, I get pushed back to the end of the line. Again, I can't testify that this is true, but if we leave everything alone for 24/7, maybe it will work.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The plot thickens.

I don't know if this rep knows what she is talking about, but she told me that everytime I shut down my computer or take my iPhone out of the dock, I get pushed back to the end of the line. Again, I can't testify that this is true, but if we leave everything alone for 24/7, maybe it will work.
Here's my situation, now.

I finally received an email from iPhone_Activation_Support@att.com saying, "We're sorry. AT&T has identified a problem with the information you provided."

For more information, call 877-800-3701.

Please refer to your Activation ID when calling.
##########

I called that number, waited on hold for 14 minutes and was disconnected. I called back, and finally a rep answered, took my Activation ID and said he was going to transfer me to someone who would help resolve this issue. I asked him for the number in case we were disconnected and he gave me the 877 419-4500 number. HE DID NOT GIVE ME AN ACCOUNT NUMBER - ASK FOR ONE IF YOU TALK WITH THESE PEOPLE.
The rep on that line said she could not help me. After insisting that I was told that she could, I overheard someone else coaching her in the background and she retrieved some information. Then, she said I was in the wrong market, and she transferred me to another number. The new rep started giving me the same line about not being able to help me and I insisted that I speak with a supervisor. While he was coming, she asked for my sim number and IME number (apparently, she, too, had been coached). Fortunately, I had screwed around with the phone and found that you can retrieve both of these by pressing the (italicized) "i" next to the words "connected to iTunes" on the iPhone screen. When the supervisor answered the phone, he verified my info and I requested my account number and the number of the department my info was being sent to. I also found out that he was in the Porting Department. He promised a call back within 2 hours.

We'll see.

itiger

Jul 1, 2007
Atl
Atlanta here. Took me 8 hrs (4am) for it to activate while it disabled my balckberry. Existing AT&T customer.

Called the iPhone helpline number listed and AT&T transfered me to 3 different people with no clue as to what to do.

Everything seems good now except can't seem to get my exchange email through imap to register.

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey
Finally

It took almost 48 hours, but my phone is activated. I called this number 877-800-3701. The rep told me that they were currently working on my account. 20 minutes later, I got me email. Good luck to everyone else.

mijpatel

Jul 1, 2007
The plot thickens.

that is COMPLETE BS! i know a girl who got hers from the same store as me one day after me and hers was activated before mine. you don't need to have it connected to your computer let alone have the sim card in to get the confirmation email

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
first pic taken adn emailed, emails sent, calls made, weather local set

I'm cookin

thanks for everyone's tips and help

hope thoe of you in activation hell are soon to get out

ITS PLAY TIME!
came home from work and i'm in businesss! finally. mine was 45 hours!
the info has to match exactly for it to work!