Average Activation Time in the Southeast?

Jun 29, 2007
That's what I'm betting on... as I get ready to go to bed without even getting past the emergency number screen... can't wait until tomorrow... wait I said that last night too... but at least I have one...:)

Jun 29, 2007
well, I haven't even received an activation number... so I'm not going to call it DOA yet!

ColPhorbin

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I've probably slid this emergency tab over and played with the keypad (ie see how fast i can dial people's numbers) like 6739346743 times...its been about 2 hours for me yes im in georgia and ive been a cingular customer for 6 years

Jun 29, 2007
I feel your pain @ColPhorbin hopefully we will get that MAGIC email soon... decided I'll give it until 1 AM then I've got to go to bed...

Last edited by a moderator:

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I hope as people start getting their magic e-mail that they post as soon as it happens. Thus far since no one else has posted I would have to assume no one is getting these e-mails, except the few we have already heard about.

Please let us know what your current status is.

My status is

1st E-mail Received 9:03pm
Time Elapsed 3:10 hours
No 2nd email yet.

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
can someone explain what it does when it's actually activated? do you need to get that email or does it just let you know? does the phone just start working? any noise or text message? just so i have an idea if i should stare at my inbox or constantly push the button on the phone... haha. i'm getting obsessive at this point.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Anyone?

For my iTunes account, I used a .Mac email address which I have since LONGGGGGGGGGG gotten rid of.

Do you actually have to GET the emails or are they just notifcations? I hope they don't have links in them or anything that you have to follow through with because I won't get the emails due to the old email address.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Anyone?

For my iTunes account, I used a .Mac email address which I have since LONGGGGGGGGGG gotten rid of.

Do you actually have to GET the emails or are they just notifcations? I hope they don't have links in them or anything that you have to follow through with because I won't get the emails due to the old email address.
Uh Oh, this can't be good. The person on the phone said that there was a link you had to click.

Did you get the first e-mail?

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
AT&T is now processing your activation.

You will receive an email confirmation once your activation is complete.

Survivor61

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Grrr somehow had the wrong email address in the iTunes store so when it told me it needed more time for activation, and they will email me, it will bounce im sure. so ...... will the phone just come on when its done since I can't wait for the email info?

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
No problems in VA...said it would take up to 3 minutes to activate...took closer to 45 seconds.

Mike

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Uh Oh, this can't be good. The person on the phone said that there was a link you had to click.

Did you get the first e-mail?

A link that does what? It states the email is a "confirmation"? can you clarify?

Thanks for your input though.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Yep. With a number to call and an activation ID number. Talk to four different people. They finally told me to take it back in the morning.
Where did you buy it? ATT or Apple?

ColPhorbin

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I just talked to the ATT number (1-877-419-4500) and the guy said on his end everything looked fine, registered and everything. He put me through to the Apple people and the lady said I definitely wasn't the first person with the "awaiting confirmation email" problem and that it could take up to 24 hours. She said it was because so many people are activating.
Did they really not know how many phones were made and how many people to expect to be activating on Friday night? Just get adequate servers to handle it. It's not like an unexpected surprise or something...anyway thats what i wanted to yell at her

Jun 29, 2007
well, thanks for all of that info... don't think I can wait much longer, getting tired and even the excitement is starting to wear off, I'm sure it will return in the morning... submitted at 7:45 ATL, GA and still waiting... 12:30 AM... ugggghhhh getting sleepy... very very sleepy... good night all and good luck...

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
well, thanks for all of that info... don't think I can wait much longer, getting tired and even the excitement is starting to wear off, I'm sure it will return in the morning... submitted at 7:45 ATL, GA and still waiting... 12:30 AM... ugggghhhh getting sleepy... very very sleepy... good night all and good luck...

Hey Matt,

Can you clarify the "confirmation" email that you received? Or have you not even gotten the email yet? Some people are saying they have gotten several emails indicating an update on activation status?

You have been waiting for 5 hours now and no activation? I have been waiting for about 45 minutes. I am in Las Vegas, Nevada

Thanks

Jun 29, 2007
Same here....the thrill is gone...so to speak. Submitted at 8pm....and still waiting. I'm not unrealistic and completely understand "server overload", but if this is still happning in "24 hours", I think I'm going to start seeking some retribution. At some point ATT needs to make up the difference.

Good luck everyone.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
A link that does what? It states the email is a "confirmation"? can you clarify?

Thanks for your input though.
I don't know, thats just what they said. Maybe someone who has gotten the second e-mail can clarify if there was a link or not, and what it did.

ColPhorbin

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Yeah I don't feel like being on hold for 20 more minutes but if anyone is on hold now or is going to call should ask what happens with the email and what they recommend we do (power cycles? hold home and on/off to reset?)in the meantime...

awesker3

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Yeah I don't feel like being on hold for 20 more minutes but if anyone is on hold now or is going to call should ask what happens with the email and what they recommend we do (power cycles? hold home and on/off to reset?)in the meantime...

I agree. I am on hold right now with Apple Technical Support. Att doesn't know sh_t.

I have been power cycling the phone and still on the activation screen.

Any others?