.Avi conversion tool? (PC)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Amirite

Sep 5, 2007
I've checked all over the web, and most of the software I've downloaded is crap and doesn't convert.

What do you guys use for converting .avi files to something that will go on your iPhone?

I've been using Handbrake for all of my non .avi files and love it, but it just won't read .avi files.

Quicktime Pro won't either, no Xvid component for PC Quicktime :(

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've checked all over the web, and most of the software I've downloaded is crap and doesn't convert.

What do you guys use for converting .avi files to something that will go on your iPhone?

I've been using Handbrake for all of my non .avi files and love it, but it just won't read .avi files.

Quicktime Pro won't either, no Xvid component for PC Quicktime :(

VisualHub

enice128

Sep 13, 2007
finally someone who used cucusoft that can maybe answer my question. just wondering, i purchased it last nite and still awiting the delivery by email. how long did it take 4 u to get it by email so u can start downloading it?
i decided to pay for it since i will be using it a lot for my iPhone. heard some horror stories of iPhones getting messed up from certain applications. the free demo worked great. tried like a hundred or so downloads from limewire and were either corrupted or didn' t work.

Last edited by a moderator:

enice128

Sep 13, 2007
thanks. i got 1 more question so bear w/ me cause i'm new. w/ the cucusoft suite i downloaded both the video and dvd programs. the video one worked great except for the watermark. on the other hand w/ the dvd program everytime i put a dvd in, this fast-forwarding window opens and never stops. it says it is analyzing to menu or something, not really sure. the counter stops 1 second shy of the total disc time but the box says please wait and does not stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wet1

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
CT Shoreline
A couple of newbie questions here...

I've DL movies (torrents) for years and watched them on my PC. I just bought an iPhone this week and it occurred to me yesterday that I might be able to load the movies on my phone for businesss trips (yeah, I'm pretty quick! :laugh2:). I went to load a movie or two into iTunes and quickly realized iTunes wouldn't accept it. I read the help section from Apple and noticed they said I needed Quicktime Pro to load and convert the files into a format the iPod/iPhone will accept. Like a jackazz, I shelled out $30 for their POS software and quickly realized QTP doesn't accept these files either (which made me really happy...) I found a plug-in, but it isn't supported with Windows, surprisee!

So anyway, is the software you guys are talking about what I need to get the job done? How difficult is it to use? Any virus or other concerns with using it? Lastly, what format and resolution should the files be converted to to achieve the best quality playback on the iPhone?

Sorry about the stupid questions... this is all new to me.

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
A couple of newbie questions here...

I've DL movies (torrents) for years and watched them on my PC. I just bought an iPhone this week and it occurred to me yesterday that I might be able to load the movies on my phone for businesss trips (yeah, I'm pretty quick! :laugh2:). I went to load a movie or two into iTunes and quickly realized iTunes wouldn't accept it. I read the help section from Apple and noticed they said I needed Quicktime Pro to load and convert the files into a format the iPod/iPhone will accept. Like a jackazz, I shelled out $30 for their POS software and quickly realized QTP doesn't accept these files either (which made me really happy...) I found a plug-in, but it isn't supported with Windows, surprisee!

So anyway, is the software you guys are talking about what I need to get the job done? How difficult is it to use? Any virus or other concerns with using it? Lastly, what format and resolution should the files be converted to to achieve the best quality playback on the iPhone?

Sorry about the stupid questions... this is all new to me.
I am using Videora. Its a free download and it works perfectly for me. Do a google search for it. It will put your newly converted video into your video folder in iTunes, thereforee, all you have to do is sync and its loaded, ready to go!

Wet1

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
CT Shoreline
I am using Videora. Its a free download and it works perfectly for me. Do a google search for it. It will put your newly converted video into your video folder in iTunes, thereforee, all you have to do is sync and its loaded, ready to go!
I just DL Super c earlier today... if it doesn't workout I'll be sure to give that a try.

Thanks!

enice128

Sep 13, 2007
im not talking about video, but a dvd. i have a decrypter so it doesn't matter. i just need to get a dvd onto iPhone.

Wet1

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
CT Shoreline
yo thanks I downloaded and already started converting my video files. Is there anything like this for dvd to iPhone that is FREE? every link i get sent to me is for just the trial w the waterspot...

im not talking about video, but a dvd. i have a decrypter so it doesn't matter. i just need to get a dvd onto iPhone.
If you already have a decrypter, SUPER c (which I DL today) is free and will do everything else, w/ and w/o the options for waterspots. They also have a nice FAQ section and support forum on their site. Just run your decrypter and save the file on your HD, run it through SUPER, and throw it on your iPhone as a MPEG-4.

I didn't know poop about this stuff yesterday (I still don't :laugh2:), but after I spent about an hour reading their FAQ, forum, and using SUPER c, I'm pretty comfortable and impressed with this free software! It will pretty much do everything...

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
If you already have a decrypter, SUPER c (which I DL today) is free and will do everything else, w/ and w/o the options for waterspots. They also have a nice FAQ section and support forum on their site. Just run your decrypter and save the file on your HD, run it through SUPER, and throw it on your iPhone as a MPEG-4.

I didn't know poop about this stuff yesterday (I still don't :laugh2:), but after I spent about an hour reading their FAQ, forum, and using SUPER c, I'm pretty comfortable and impressed with this free software! It will pretty much do everything...

Damn, I wish I would have thought of that program. Oh wait.....:)

I use this for converting formats, and its freeware.