AVplayer.app doesn't work, opens a website in Safari instead

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Ok, so I installed MobileFinder, then AVplayer. When I touch AVplayer from the springboard it launches Safari and takes me to the website podshitter.com/apps/avplayer, which is some website explaining what AVplayer is and how to install it and stuff. But I already did install it. What gives?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It's not a standalone app. Well, it kinda is, but it doesn't have its own file browser. You must launch media from Mobilefinder or something similar via file associations.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
It's not a standalone app. Well, it kinda is, but it doesn't have its own file browser. You must launch media from Mobilefinder or something similar via file associations.
I know about how it only works with file associations and I've set those up actually. I went to Finder and used the code mp3:com.system.avplayer in the file associations but it still will just launch that safari page every time. I've been at this for a couple hours and it's starting to really bother me. I found a site where people are having a similar problem (http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/printthread.php?t=52077&pp=40&page=4), but their solution isn't working for me. Apparently I installed the wrong version of Finder and I need to completely get rid of it via SSH before AVPlayer will work, but I don't know where Finder installed itself. I deleted Finder.app in the Applications folder, but I think it stored itself in other places and I can't find where.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I get the same problem. It used to work for me but I was using the filebrowser app and not mobilefinder. I went ahead and restored my phone to fix some bugs. When I reinstalled all my apps back, avplayer would not work. I still am using filebrower instead of monilefinder.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I got it to work with the filebrowser app now.:laugh2:

labuts

Dec 27, 2008
I am using avplayer mixed with the mobile finder app to play my videos that i downloaded with mxtube, i am wondering if there is a way to play an entire folder of videos without having to re open mobilefinder after every video and selecting the next video from there. When I am playing a video through avplayer and i press the button to go to the next song it just quits the app and goes to the home screen.

labuts

Dec 27, 2008
If not with this app, is there any other way to play my videos continuously without having to select the next one every time?