AWESOME Earbuds for all iDevices

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I have FINALLY found a pair of earbuds that fit exactly what I'm looking for! I know that there are some that LOVE the Beats line of headphones and others that abhor them. I have been looking at SO many different headphones...I've tried the iBeats earbuds, Beats Tour, Beats Solo HD, Klipsch S4i, Incase Sonic, Skullcandy 50/50, and the Apple EarPods.

As much as I'd like to use a can headphone, the way that I use my headphones just doesn't lend to me using cans. I use them to workout mostly and the times that I'm sitting down listening to music through my headphones is only about 1-2 days per week. I LOVED the iBeats and Tours, but both were a bit heavy and tended to fall out of my ears when I ran. The Klipsch never really fit in my ears and were lacking in bass. (I'm a bass lover.) The 50/50's have been GREAT, but again, I have to re-adjust a lot. Up until yesterday, I had settled on the EarPods. Ultimately, they will be my fall-back, but Beats finally came out with an EXCELLENT earbud.

I picked up the urBeats yesterday at Best Buy. $99. I gotta say...they are the best overall earbud I've ever owned so far. I haven't put them through all the paces yet, but right now, I am IMPRESSED. The buds themselves are light...and fit in my ear well! The bass thunders in my head...which is hard to find with earbuds. Add a great in-line control for the iPhone/iPad and the red, flat cable from the tours for a tangle-free cord...AWESOME stuff.

Once I live with them for awhile, I'll post back here again...but right now, I'm blown away.

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
My favourite buds are the Audiotechnica ATH-CKS77. On eBay for under $100, good bass, but also well detailed and balanced. From what I've read/heard about the SQ of the Beats lineup, it's been enough for me to avoid them.

Jeepinkj

Bronze
Oct 10, 2012
virginia
Yeah...I know that some really stay away from the Beats line. Just wanted to give my opinion on their least expensive pair of earbuds. :)
They look cool thanks for posting pics I used to have a pair of skullcandy but can't find them anywhere so I have been lookin for a new set might just try them

iPhone5

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Thanks @Josh Yates
I need some new earbuds. My V-Modas are starting to kink up and there are a lot of knots in the line. It sometimes scratches me and I'm afraid the wires will be coming out o the kinks. I looked at some reviews on these and people say the Bass is good, but there is a sound that only a true audiophile can hear that can be annoying.

I just want noise cancellation and good bass. For $100 I hope these deliver. I think I want to pick up a pair.

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Don't care for beats in general, but I do love the idea of that flat cord. I wish more earbud makers did something like that with their cords.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Monster does not make the beats any longer
beats is their own company
I have to say so it has improved their Headphones or at least the over ear line (son loves those)
I got an older pair of beats and love them as well
I got some new earbuds Fends/Ella I like them but they won't work for the gym

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I distrust most earbud reviews because so many people listen to rap, hip hop, etc. Usually, overloaded bass = great earbuds!

I like bass, but I also enjoy a dollop of of midrange and treble with my music. With the range of music I listen to, I need it.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
I distrust most earbud reviews because so many people listen to rap, hip hop, etc. Usually, overloaded bass = great earbuds!

I like bass, but I also enjoy a dollop of of midrange and treble with my music. With the range of music I listen to, I need it.
Agree'd. Most of my music is Metal/Rock. OTT bass ruins it.

iPhone 5 32GB
iPad 3rd gen 64GB WiFi

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI

I would agree with you. These do lack some in the mid-range. I do like them, though. :)

Sent using iCafe app

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Just had to check in...I've had these earbuds for a few weeks now...out them through my life paces...and this is the first set of Beats that I will be keeping. LOVE the sound and they're a great for for me.

Sent using iCafe app