AWESOME Earbuds for all iDevices

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Josh Yates, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I have FINALLY found a pair of earbuds that fit exactly what I'm looking for! I know that there are some that LOVE the Beats line of headphones and others that abhor them. I have been looking at SO many different headphones...I've tried the iBeats earbuds, Beats Tour, Beats Solo HD, Klipsch S4i, Incase Sonic, Skullcandy 50/50, and the Apple EarPods.

As much as I'd like to use a can headphone, the way that I use my headphones just doesn't lend to me using cans. I use them to workout mostly and the times that I'm sitting down listening to music through my headphones is only about 1-2 days per week. I LOVED the iBeats and Tours, but both were a bit heavy and tended to fall out of my ears when I ran. The Klipsch never really fit in my ears and were lacking in bass. (I'm a bass lover.) The 50/50's have been GREAT, but again, I have to re-adjust a lot. Up until yesterday, I had settled on the EarPods. Ultimately, they will be my fall-back, but Beats finally came out with an EXCELLENT earbud.

I picked up the urBeats yesterday at Best Buy. $99. I gotta say...they are the best overall earbud I've ever owned so far. I haven't put them through all the paces yet, but right now, I am IMPRESSED. The buds themselves are light...and fit in my ear well! The bass thunders in my head...which is hard to find with earbuds. Add a great in-line control for the iPhone/iPad and the red, flat cable from the tours for a tangle-free cord...AWESOME stuff.

Once I live with them for awhile, I'll post back here again...but right now, I'm blown away.

2. Jeepinkj

Jeepinkj Member
    Bronze

What do they look like

iPhone5

3. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

238126_001?$pd300$

H9790-500x500.png

urbeats-white_01.jpg

#3 Josh Yates, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  4. Jarred

Jarred Contributor
    Bronze

My favourite buds are the Audiotechnica ATH-CKS77. On eBay for under $100, good bass, but also well detailed and balanced. From what I've read/heard about the SQ of the Beats lineup, it's been enough for me to avoid them.

5. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Yeah...I know that some really stay away from the Beats line. Just wanted to give my opinion on their least expensive pair of earbuds. :)

6. Jeepinkj

Jeepinkj Member
    Bronze

They look cool thanks for posting pics I used to have a pair of skullcandy but can't find them anywhere so I have been lookin for a new set might just try them

iPhone5

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Thanks @Josh Yates
    I need some new earbuds. My V-Modas are starting to kink up and there are a lot of knots in the line. It sometimes scratches me and I'm afraid the wires will be coming out o the kinks. I looked at some reviews on these and people say the Bass is good, but there is a sound that only a true audiophile can hear that can be annoying.

I just want noise cancellation and good bass. For $100 I hope these deliver. I think I want to pick up a pair.

#7 Sharunda, Dec 31, 2012
  8. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Yeah...I don't know that they're the BEST out there...but for the money, I'm impressed.

Sent using iCafe app

9. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Don't care for beats in general, but I do love the idea of that flat cord. I wish more earbud makers did something like that with their cords.

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@acosmichippo which earbuds do you use? Or do you even use earbuds?

#10 Sharunda, Jan 1, 2013
  11. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I have etymotic hf3's. they're very balanced sounding, but the cord is quite tangly.

12. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Monster does not make the beats any longer
    beats is their own company
    I have to say so it has improved their Headphones or at least the over ear line (son loves those)
    I got an older pair of beats and love them as well
    I got some new earbuds Fends/Ella I like them but they won't work for the gym

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I distrust most earbud reviews because so many people listen to rap, hip hop, etc. Usually, overloaded bass = great earbuds!

I like bass, but I also enjoy a dollop of of midrange and treble with my music. With the range of music I listen to, I need it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

headphone.com is great because they include frequency response curves for most of the more popular headphones. You don't even have to read the review - just look at the graph. There's no subjective buzz words like "killer bass" or "super clear" to worry about.

For example:

http://www.headphone.com/headphones/etymotic-hf3.php

iconGraph.php?graphID=2691

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've used that site many times before buying my Grados and Etymotics.

16. Jarred

Jarred Contributor
    Bronze

Agree'd. Most of my music is Metal/Rock. OTT bass ruins it.

iPhone 5 32GB
    iPad 3rd gen 64GB WiFi

17. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I would agree with you. These do lack some in the mid-range. I do like them, though. :)

Sent using iCafe app

18. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Just had to check in...I've had these earbuds for a few weeks now...out them through my life paces...and this is the first set of Beats that I will be keeping. LOVE the sound and they're a great for for me.

Sent using iCafe app