Awesome fitness web app for iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
go to www.gyminee.com and sign up, a few days later i got a login confirmation since its beta right now...but he's right, its awesome..you can watch videos on the phone for how to do exercises, track all your fitness measurements and workouts, its awesome!

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
go to www.gyminee.com and sign up, a few days later i got a login confirmation since its beta right now...but he's right, its awesome..you can watch videos on the phone for how to do exercises, track all your fitness measurements and workouts, its awesome!

you beat me to it domin, thanks. i think they've improved their signup confirmation process because i signed up today and got my email notification for access instantly

i'm a gym junkie and have played with many programs over the years and this ranks up there. now if only we can have this as a native application.........

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
you beat me to it domin, thanks. i think they've improved their signup confirmation process because i signed up today and got my email notification for access instantly

i'm a gym junkie and have played with many programs over the years and this ranks up there. now if only we can have this as a native application.........

yeah, i cant say i've used many of the features, but its nice to have with you just in case. For example, i hurt my back a few weeks back, so i went on gyminee and saw some exercises for strengthening the lower back, and not only that I was able to "subscribe" to that workout and view videos on how to properly do the exercise.

Its nice, i use it mainly for reference and reading material, i don't do a lot of the fitness tracking etc. etc. other than weight and a few exercises.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
yeah, i cant say i've used many of the features, but its nice to have with you just in case. For example, i hurt my back a few weeks back, so i went on gyminee and saw some exercises for strengthening the lower back, and not only that I was able to "subscribe" to that workout and view videos on how to properly do the exercise.

Its nice, i use it mainly for reference and reading material, i don't do a lot of the fitness tracking etc. etc. other than weight and a few exercises.

yeah the reference materials on exercises is nice though i've been working out for years and years so for me, the reference stuff is not as valuable as the workout logging aspect of the program.

I have a system right now (before i found this site) where i log my workouts in terms of exercises, sets, reps, and weight as part of the notes in a calendar event on the day of the workout. I planned on eventually taking this data and creating some excel spreadsheet to be able to plot progress on a graph. However with this program, i think i will just take my workout data i put into my calendars and nightly just transfer that data over into gyminee.com so they can plot and graph and track things. The reason why i wouldn't just put the data in gyminiee directly while working out is that edge can be pretty slow at times and depending on the gym i go work out at, there may be crappy edge connectivity or none at all. Besides, i have a feeling that once gyminee goes out of beta, they will begin to start charging money for subscribers and i don't want my workout log held hostage..........so i still want a record of my workouts on my iPhone