Awesome video encoding software

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I've had this program for a while.
Used to use it to make videos for my iPod.
Well, I'm using it right now, to actually rip a DVD straight to H264 video format. (Which is a bad-ass format, btw)

It can pretty much encode FROM ANY video codec to a lot of other types.
Including MOV, MP4 (H264), AVI, VCD, SVCD, MPEG1, MPEG2, etc.

Check it out:

"Total Video Converter"

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I've had this program for a while.
Used to use it to make videos for my iPod.
Well, I'm using it right now, to actually rip a DVD straight to H264 video format. (Which is a bad-ass format, btw)

It can pretty much encode FROM ANY video codec to a lot of other types.
Including MOV, MP4 (H264), AVI, VCD, SVCD, MPEG1, MPEG2, etc.

Check it out:

"Total Video Converter"
I use 3 g converter for iPod

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I use 3 g converter for iPod
Did you mean 3Gp?

Well, i encoded the entire movie with TVC, and the audio loses sync, somewhere about half-way through it.

Anyone else ever experience this problem, or have a converter that will do a 2hr+ movie, without losing sync?

Bosco115

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Handbrake did really well with Carlito's Way. Audio and video were 100% in sync for the whole 2.5 hours. Best of all, it's free, and painlessly converts from ISO or DVD straight to H.264.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Handbrake did really well with Carlito's Way. Audio and video were 100% in sync for the whole 2.5 hours. Best of all, it's free, and painlessly converts from ISO or DVD straight to H.264.

UPDATE:
Thought it was for MAC only, but turns out there's a Windows version.

Direct Link.

It keeps kinda "doubling up" the black bars on the top and bottom.....i'm assuming this has something to do with some sort of aspect ration setting, but I don't see that option anywhere.....anyone that can help?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Handbrake seems to work great. Only complaint is that even on "low" quality setting for video and audio, the file size is still larger than what TVC put out...

sickmunkeyz

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
So whats the settings i need to change so its right for the iPhone everytime? i downloaded the total video converter. and registered it..i love torrents.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Could someone walk me through converting a DVD? I have both Videora and Handbrake on my computer, and I can't get either of them to even start the process. I'm pretty computer saavy, but I'm having a real problem making these applications work. I know I'm missing something obvious.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Could someone walk me through converting a DVD? I have both Videora and Handbrake on my computer, and I can't get either of them to even start the process. I'm pretty computer saavy, but I'm having a real problem making these applications work. I know I'm missing something obvious.

With Handbrake, I just picked the DVD folder. (the F: drive, on my computer) and that's all it needed. Went through the settings tabs, selected "LOW" quality on both audio and video (to conserve space), and hit "next" until it started converting. Was really simple with Handbrake.
There is one tab that gives you a drop-down menu, where you select the codec. Should say "FFMPEG" and H264, and H264.b13 or something, select one of the H264's, and when it's done, you can just import that file to Quicktime, and sync it, and boom, there it is. lol

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
So whats the settings i need to change so its right for the iPhone everytime? i downloaded the total video converter. and registered it..i love torrents.
If you're doing short clips or music videos, then TVC is great, but I would use Handbrake if doing a DVD or full movie.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Nidesoft iPhone Video converter and ImTOO iPhone Video Converter are great programs ... both allow DVD or just random other video files you have and want converted.