BabyT's Father update

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Some of you may have seen BabyT post last night about her father.
I have been in contact with Penny via email and am continuing to do so. She asked that I post requests for good thoughts and prayers to be sent their direction. The eiC members are certainly part of her extended family so I am honored and saddened to post updates for her as requested.
Her father was found unconscious and non breathing, CPR was started immediately and pulses were brought back. Respirations took a minute or so longer apparently. He is currently still in a comatose state but his heart rate would increase when family members where in the room with him. They just started an EEC test to check for brain activity.
Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers certainly go out to our 'family member' BabyT and I will post, only at her request, further updates as she deems fit.
Scott

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family...

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Such a terrible thing that is upon you BabyT, especially with the suspense that is in the air. With him being out and unstable for so long. Thanks for keeping us updated and I will think and pray for your father and your family.

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
{{{{{Penny}}}}} I am saying extra prayers for you and your family ... especially your Dad! This is a scary time ... the waiting and lack of solid information is very stressful. Try to stay as strong as you can! Your Dad KNOWS you are there! Hold his hand if they will let you and tell him how very much you love him! (Thanks for the updates, Scott!)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
No updates as of yet. I don't want to bother Babyt. When I hear something I will be sure to pass it along.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'm sorry babyT, hope everything turns for the best. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
A very short update from Babyt, they are still waiting on results from the EEC and her father has at least moved his foot.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Latest update:
Full EEC results are not back, have to wait until morning to talk to Neurosurgeon. (typical huh?) only thing mentioned was it shows he is not having any type of seizure activity.
He also appears to have some slight movement like yawning and blinking but not much else. As she stated, ' it's pretty much a stale mate it seems right now'.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Hoping for the best for your father and your family BabyT.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
From Babyt just a few moments ago:
Update: neurologicist came and said all my dad has to do is wake up.
Also he is moving his left leg ALOT. Thats way more activity today.
He just needs prayers to awake