Back Plate Separating

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cdoyle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
The back part of my phone is loose like between the silver and black part, my phone is less then a month old, i dropped it once and dented the side but i never dropped it on the speakers, will they still cover it even though i dropped it on the side but not on the speaker?

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Without dropping my phone, the black part became loose on my first iPhone. I took it to the Genius Bar and the "Genius" told me that that is where the antenna is, and that part is supposed to come off. So until it fell off, there wasn't anything they could do since technically it was two pieces.

After I did drop and dent the phone however, I was able to get a brand new replacement iPhone from Apple, using less than honest techniques. FWIW The new phone hasn't left the Agent18 case and is pristine condition- and the bottom black part isn't loose anymore.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i have NEVER dropped my phone and the back is lose too. i have an iskin on it or sometimes i swap it with a agant 18 so i don't notice it that much but as soon as i take ot out of the case i can feel it...im just to lazy to make an appt with the geniuses at APPLE store so i haven't gone in....

cdoyle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Without dropping my phone, the black part became loose on my first iPhone. I took it to the Genius Bar and the "Genius" told me that that is where the antenna is, and that part is supposed to come off. So until it fell off, there wasn't anything they could do since technically it was two pieces.

After I did drop and dent the phone however, I was able to get a brand new replacement iPhone from Apple, using less than honest techniques. FWIW The new phone hasn't left the Agent18 case and is pristine condition- and the bottom black part isn't loose anymore.

two questions, did you go into Apple and they gave you a new one or did you do it through the mail? And what did you say to them? I went into the Apple store and the go insisted that because it is dented in the side that would cause it to come loose. Which is completly untrue.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've dropped mine once, and that was on the top side of the phone only (giant ding right above the camera) and mine's loose too.

It bugs me when I notice it, but I usually forget about it.

- John

cdoyle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
haha how annoying is it? I will always be talking on the phone and ill move it and it will squeak and people will always ask what it is...hopefully the guys at Apple will be more generous then the jerks over at the Apple store.