Back Scratch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
I've had my iPhone since just about iDay and I've used it naked. I toss it in my jeans front pocket or in my shirt pocket all the time. Smudges are removed with vigorous rubbing on my pant leg. The screen is remarkably resilient, more so than the brushed aluminum back. I have a tendency of placing the iPhone on my desk or table top when Im at home or work. This is starting to have an effect on the back of my iPhone. I'm not overly concerned like some people on this site who just go ape sh*te if there is even the slightest scratch. But since those anal retentive people do exist in disproportionate numbers with iPhone and Apple users in general I figured it would be cool to ask if anyone has come up with a way of removing or buffing out some scratches on the back of their iPhones ? I figured if someone has thought of a way it would have been figured out by now from those who cant stand anything less than a hermetically sealed Apple product look :D . If not no big deal I'll live with it ;)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Ya know I've heard a lot of people say their backs are all scratched up from this or that, I think when I get mine i'm just gonna go ahead and cover the entire back plate with:

Duck tape, or is it "duct" tape, oh well, you catch my drift...:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I've had my iPhone since just about iDay and I've used it naked. I toss it in my jeans front pocket or in my shirt pocket all the time. Smudges are removed with vigorous rubbing on my pant leg. The screen is remarkably resilient, more so than the brushed aluminum back. I have a tendency of placing the iPhone on my desk or table top when Im at home or work. This is starting to have an effect on the back of my iPhone. I'm not overly concerned like some people on this site who just go ape sh*te if there is even the slightest scratch. But since those anal retentive people do exist in disproportionate numbers with iPhone and Apple users in general I figured it would be cool to ask if anyone has come up with a way of removing or buffing out some scratches on the back of their iPhones ? I figured if someone has thought of a way it would have been figured out by now from those who cant stand anything less than a hermetically sealed Apple product look :D . If not no big deal I'll live with it ;)
A poster about a month ago said, Mother's Aluminum polish does a great job..M

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Ya know I've heard a lot of people say their backs are all scratched up from this or that, I think when I get mine i'm just gonna go ahead and cover the entire back plate with:

Duck tape, or is it "duct" tape, oh well, you catch my drift...:p
a/c repair guys call it duct tape. Musicians call it musician tape. Bartenders call it bar tape. You might end up calling it phone tape...

Last edited by a moderator:

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
At least the backs on the iPhones don't have the same backing as the iPod touch or the ipod videos you can put that thing in a case the second you get it and never take it out it will still manage to scratch like you've thrown it through a belt sander. That's how i see it.