Back to an iPhone?

mattolson

Bronze
Aug 23, 2007
Its been a while since I've been on the board, mostly because I was pissed my iPhone got stolen, but I feel like I want to get another iPhone.

When my iPhone was stolen ApolloIM had just gotten stable and the NES emulator was decent for most games. I am just curious if you all think its worth going back in an honest opinion, not for reasons like "the iPhone rocks" or "its the best ever". Also wanna give me some heads up on what has happened since this time (Probably mid November 07) and what is going on now?

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Well the iPhone is on 1.1.4 firmware right now and the jailbreak is a one step process thanks to ziPhone. Just download and click. All of the major third party apps for the most part update regularly.
not to mention that in June Apple will be opening its apps store for all third party apps to be purchased directly from them. Bringing the standard for third party apps ways up. Basically yes I do think its worth it. The iPhone is definatly still growing and evolving but the moding has never ben more easy. There is actually a very good video recorder apps being built right nowxthat I can't wait to get my hands on.
Anyways hope this helps.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Its been a while since I've been on the board, mostly because I was pissed my iPhone got stolen, but I feel like I want to get another iPhone.

When my iPhone was stolen ApolloIM had just gotten stable and the NES emulator was decent for most games. I am just curious if you all think its worth going back in an honest opinion, not for reasons like "the iPhone rocks" or "its the best ever". Also wanna give me some heads up on what has happened since this time (Probably mid November 07) and what is going on now?

Thanks guys I appreciate it!
Damn that really sucks! Welcome back to EIC, formerly EIP when you were around probably:laugh2:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Glad to see you've gotten another iPhone. It's easier than ever to Jailbreak using ziPhone, so you should be able to have some third-party applications on your phone again in no time. Hopefully this time your phone doesn't get stolen again.

mattolson

Bronze
Aug 23, 2007
Well I don't own it yet, I just wanna know what are the future plans for the iPhone and what I missed. I wanna know if its worth going back to one.