Back to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gatorbait15, Feb 29, 2012.

1. gatorbait15

gatorbait15 New Member

Well I have been an iPhone user for years. Decided a couple of months ago to sell my iPhone 4 and give Android a try. I purchased the Samsung galaxy s2. At first I was very happy due to the larger screen and thin factor. However that quickly wore off since Android was just too let's say finicky for me. Also the battery life was absolutely terrible! I aw only able to take it for 2 months so I sold the Samsung and am now a happy owner of iPhone 4s. So far I have no issues, in fact I have almost stopped using my iPad 2 all together (may sell very soon) a I can't put the iPhone down. Didn't realize how much I missed it.

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

You should've saved the galaxy for chopping board purposes. it could've come handy. Enjoy the best of the best.

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

No one is enjoying me without asking me first.

Welcome back to the iPhone. :)

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

ImageUploadedByiCafe1330564922.098441.jpg

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

6. lwerle

lwerle Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the reassurance. Not like I needed it. I went straight from blackberry to iPhone 4S. I've wondered if I made the right choice. You have showed me that I did.

7. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

Did the same , Bought Charge 4g , used it and tried for a while couldn't keep going , bought iPhone 4s and the 4g is laying in a drawer , waiting for me to sell it :))))

8. dressagerider

dressagerider Member
    Bronze

The last iPhone I had was a 3. The past 2 years I have been in Android phones with one problem after another. I got stuck in the Verizon Android refurb phone world and am amazed at how many different Android devices in that program still have major problems.

I finally took the plunge and went back to iPhone and now have the 4s. It is so nice to have a stable phone that just works. No problems, screen freezes, data drops, calendar erasing random entries, bad call quality, bad phone speakers, phone randomly resetting itself, and much more.

I think I will stick with Apple products from now on!

9. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Which Android device did you have before going to the 4S?

10. dressagerider

dressagerider Member
    Bronze

Several!

I started with the Samsung charge as a new phone when I switched to Verizon. The speaker died after about a month so I started the miserable refurb Android process.

After a few charges with various, numerous, issues, Verizon finally sent me a refurb htc rezound. Great phone but literally no battery life.....maybe 5 hours if used lightly. They then sent me a razr Maxx and that has great battery but terrible call and screen quality and the calendar kept erasing random events I had entered. Also, the screens and apps lag terribly on that phone.

I think Android manufacturers maybe just put out to many devices instead of concentrating on making good ones. Quantity instead of quality.

11. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

There are some very good Android phones out there.. To name a few, the Galaxy S3, the HTC One X, and the Galaxy Nexus..

There are also a TON of garbage Android devices out there..

My biggest issues with Android devices is not really a lack of quality, it's more with the branding all over the device (manufacturer and carrier branding on front top, bottom and back. all 3 places in some cases) and with the absurd amount of crapware / junkware that comes pre-installed on them.

Every so often I stray to Android but I always land right back with the iPhone..

My .02

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

True enough about the entry phones and like Apple's strategy, I'd rather an older high end vs an newer entry.

As for crapware, ICS and forward, very easy to just disable pre-installed apps, virtually uninstalling them without anything as fancy as root.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

13. aggieman

aggieman Zealot
    Gold

I'm back for now. Like it so far but I don't see myself giving up my S3. I'll probably roll with both

14. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Welcome back, if you ever get tempted again, just remember that fisher price sells 5" screen phones for $20 with the same resale value of Androids.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

This is very true... Even top of the line Android phones quickly loose their resale value.. And I agree with the plastic comment! It's the main reason I sold my S3.

16. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I'm glad you understood what i was trying to say. I can't stand phones that are made out of cheap plastic, maybe its because I'm spoiled now, and as far as resale value, the iPhone beats any Android phones hands down.

17. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

ROFLLMAO! That's awesome...

18. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

I'm trying to convince my wife to use her Verizon upgrade to get the 4S as her first iPhone. She is trying to decide between the 4S and the Droid Razor M. She doesn't have a smartphone and wants one.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iCafe app

19. jcmitchell5

jcmitchell5 Contributor
    Silver

Why not get the 5?

20. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

She doesn't want to spend the extra money.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iCafe app