Back up and restore iPhone settings

DiGiTY

Apr 15, 2007
I've got a client whom I'm about to upgrade her 1st gen iPhone to the 2.0 software; how do i back up her phone settings and restore them after the flash upgrade?

DiGiTY

Apr 15, 2007
it's not being replaced by a 3G though, it's just upgrading to the new 2.0 software not hardware. are the steps relatively the same?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I've got a client whom I'm about to upgrade her 1st gen iPhone to the 2.0 software; how do i back up her phone settings and restore them after the flash upgrade?
The back up will be done for you. I would sync the phone first to get a recent back up. When you do the 2.0 thing, it will do a back up, install 2.0, and restore everything just the way it was.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
actually, if youre just upgrading from iTunes, it should have all the same settings after the upgrade. ive upgraded multiple times even on a computer ive never synced with before and if always turns out fine.

but if you want to play it safe you can always sync it, which should create a back up of the phone

DiGiTY

Apr 15, 2007
Thanks everyone. iTunes handled it all for me (i synced before the upgrade just to be safe, which also backed up the iPhone, then downloaded and installed the 2.0 software, which also backed up the iPhone before flashing it to 2.0, then automatically restored all settings after the flash... outstanding!).

oab

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
The back up will be done for you. I would sync the phone first to get a recent back up. When you do the 2.0 thing, it will do a back up, install 2.0, and restore everything just the way it was.
For one reason or another I have not upgraded my iphone--currently have version 1.1.3. Question--can I upgrade to the latest software version or will it be best to do it in steps?