Back up on iPhone 3G won't finish when it gets right at the end

Jahangeer

Jul 5, 2009
I'm getting really annoyed, I've been trying to get my iPhone to back up, but it will not finish, when it gets right towards the end. I'm almost tearing my hair out.

Any ideas on how to make this happen quicker. It was so fast after I had 3.0, but last week my phone got stolen and I got a new one the next day (thank god for insurance), by then I had deleted songs from a playlist (that shouldn't make a difference right?) and then I restored back up, but there were only two green squares left, so I took out the usb from the phone cos it had been stuck for about 30 mins, and now when I'm backing up the phone, it's getting stuck right towards the end?

I'm going insane, anyone able to help?

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
You deleted the songs ATER the last sync with stolen phone, and before you restored to back up with the new phone? If that was the sequence it could possibly be the reason your backup is getting stuck. Have you tried restoring as new and syncing all of your content back to the device?

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
if you haven't tried it yet, I was having a similar problem with my iPhone a week or so ago. try deleting your mobile device drivers then reinstall iTunes (over the existing copy) and then plug in the phone (device drivers should install automatically). that seemed to fix all of my problems