Backbreaker Football on sale now

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Backbreaker Football is now on sale at the App Store. It is special priced at .99 cents. I just downloaded it and the graphics look pretty awesome. It isn't the full game like Madden 2010 and doesn't use the Pro Football uniforms, but for dodging tackles it does it well I think. It is simpler but yet has better graphics.

http://toucharcade.com/2009/09/29/backbreaker-football-showboats-to-the-app-store/#comments

EDIT:

I had a chance to play around with it some and I really enjoy this. It is a minigame but I'm amazed how well the players move and the superb graphics which I feel are much better than Madden. It also makes great use of the accelerometer and the controls work really nice and smooth. It also doesn't have a steep learning curve so it is easy to catch on and begin playing. Overall, I'm very pleased and for just .99 cents it is even more of a bargain.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
It looks cool, I'll have to get it when I get home and have wifi.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It looks cool, I'll have to get it when I get home and have wifi.
Yes, I think you will really enjoy this. I find myself playing this far more than Madden 2010. It is really fun and the graphics and motion of the players are far better than Madden. The controls are wonderful to use also, very intuitive and easy. I like the slow motion replays after each tackle or touchdown. So far I'm only up to Challenge Level 2. Because of the Morpheme engine no two tackles are the same. The variety of tackles are endless.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Yes, I think you will really enjoy this. I find myself playing this far more than Madden 2010. It is really fun and the graphics and motion of the players are far better than Madden. The controls are wonderful to use also, very intuitive and easy. I like the slow motion replays after each tackle or touchdown. So far I'm only up to Challenge Level 2. Because of the Morpheme engine no two tackles are the same. The variety of tackles are endless.
I picked it up last night and agree with everything you point out. I wish there were some more challenges, but then, I didn't get to play it that much so maybe I just haven't unlocked them. But overall the movement and controls are the best iPhone football game I have played. Far better than Madden 2010. Thanks again for pointing it out!

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I picked it up last night and agree with everything you point out. I wish there were some more challenges, but then, I didn't get to play it that much so maybe I just haven't unlocked them. But overall the movement and controls are the best iPhone football game I have played. Far better than Madden 2010. Thanks again for pointing it out!
I'm sure there will be more challenges added with future upgrades. I have only gotten to Challenge Level 3. I haven't explored the Endurance Levels yet. I agree with you that the movements, controls, and graphics are outstanding.

Chris has made mention of Backbreaker Football on the home page.

http://www.everythingicafe.com/

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Great game all around. Nice graphics and the ability to juke defenders is nice. It doesn't replace Madden since you don't play every facet of the game. I full game with this control would be awesome.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Great game all around. Nice graphics and the ability to juke defenders is nice. It doesn't replace Madden since you don't play every facet of the game. I full game with this control would be awesome.
I agree with you, but I wonder if Backbreaker would be able to maintain the same level of graphics and motion with a full game? I still find myself playing this a lot more than Madden. I got rather frustrated with the game play and controls on Madden. Also, the graphics were a let down for me.

Jun 30, 2009
I like Backbreaker Football. The graphics is awesome and control is smooth. comparing with Madden 2010 I prefer this one is better. But the game should be launched full version.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I agree with you, but I wonder if Backbreaker would be able to maintain the same level of graphics and motion with a full game? I still find myself playing this a lot more than Madden. I got rather frustrated with the game play and controls on Madden. Also, the graphics were a let down for me.
It would definitely be a much larger game, larger than even Madden. Maybe the even the size of a GPS app (1GB+). I'd say that game would be at least $9.99 or even more. But, I would definitely PAY for that game. :eek:k:eek:k

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Anybody have any problems with the left juke button (not spin). It seems less responsive than the right... maybe its just how I am touching the screen....IDK?

A

atbibquo

This is an interesting discussion. thank you for sharing

That's pretty good.

Good post. I appreciate it

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Anybody have any problems with the left juke button (not spin). It seems less responsive than the right... maybe its just how I am touching the screen....IDK?

I haven't noticed this on mine. Both juke buttons seem to work the same.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It would definitely be a much larger game, larger than even Madden. Maybe the even the size of a GPS app (1GB+). I'd say that game would be at least $9.99 or even more. But, I would definitely PAY for that game. :eek:k:eek:k
I agree with you. I would gladly pay that price if they keep the same graphics and intuitive controls. I think future upgrades will be more challenge levels however.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
It's free people go get it