Background going black

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Yesterday while accessing a phone contact, my screen suddenly went black and when I pressed the home button the contacts came up with a black back ground with white lettering. Additionally, two phone voicemails appeared that I had received a week previously but had not shown up when I actually received them. I did a hard restore and the screen appears normally afterwards but I'm wondering what caused this to occur. Also, after the hard reset I lost some of recent text messages that had been kept in the text history . I normally do not erase past text messages. So in wondering what caused that as well.

Sent using iCafe app

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Yesterday while accessing a phone contact, my screen suddenly went black and when I pressed the home button the contacts came up with a black back ground with white lettering. Additionally, two phone voicemails appeared that I had received a week previously but had not shown up when I actually received them. I did a hard restore and the screen appears normally afterwards but I'm wondering what caused this to occur. Also, after the hard reset I lost some of recent text messages that had been kept in the text history . I normally do not erase past text messages. So in wondering what caused that as well.

Sent using iCafe app
Was all lettering white, or was some white and some orange. If the latter, you may have triggered "invert colors" from accessibility. I have that set to where I press the home button 3 times and the screen is black with white text.

Sent using iCafe app