Backgrounder

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
Anyone get this working yet? It's a Cydia app to allow programs to run in the background.

Apparently it's great for Pandora and other stuff like that.. which I want!

I can't get it to work though. Apparently you hold HOME down to turn it on or off, but I have QuickGold and think it's conflicting.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
ok, so you have to be IN the app first, then hold down home for a few seconds.

This is really awesome!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ooooh that's a nice one. Thanks for the head's-up! I'm really hoping this works well with Rooms...

edit: oh, it does! Sweetness!

djgnice

Aug 29, 2007
Queens NY
works great... running beejive, aol radio, surfing safari and phone still runs good...

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
works great... running beejive, aol radio, surfing safari and phone still runs good...
I wonder how much this will affect battery performance.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Rooms and Pandora running while browsing in Safari. Sounds good to me. Thanks!

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Looks like an IRC client, according to that google thingamajig.
Yeah...it probably would've helped to add "iPhone" to the search...LOL :laugh2:. Thanks.

Cool app, though...The background one I mean.

PartisanEntity

Bronze
Oct 1, 2008
Austria
www.cognitivecombine.com
Tried it with IM+ briefly and seemed to work quite well. The only downside is that since 3rd party apps aren't allowed to send notifications (icon, sound) to the user, you never know when new message come in and have to check manually all the time.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Tried it with IM+ briefly and seemed to work quite well. The only downside is that since 3rd party apps aren't allowed to send notifications (icon, sound) to the user, you never know when new message come in and have to check manually all the time.

If Beejive is open and you get a new message it alerts you. So if open in the background, you should get the message as well, no?

Also, general question, do you activate this once or do you have to restart the program each time you shut down or have to do a hard reset.

anybody noticing a loss of performance with programs running in the background?

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007

I try running it with beejive open. I hold down the home button but beejive just exits and I do not get the notificaton bubble saying backgrounder is enabled. Odd.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I think this would be the app that makes me re-jailbreak my iPhone. The idea of Beejive running in the background is an awesome idea!

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Also, general question, do you activate this once or do you have to restart the program each time you shut down or have to do a hard reset.
Everytime you reboot your iPhone you will have to re-activate backgrounder for the apps you want to run in the background.

Also, when you're done, don't forget to turn backgrounder off or else it's gonna kill your batteries...

djgnice

Aug 29, 2007
Queens NY
I try running it with beejive open. I hold down the home button but beejive just exits and I do not get the notificaton bubble saying backgrounder is enabled. Odd.
try reinstalling it ... did u restart your phone maybe itll somehow enable it to work

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Anyone figure out how to fix the "0 notification" issue? I got it on my Facebook and Beejive icons now.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
This is really making me want to jailbreak....

Dave, don't get any ideas....yet ;)