backing up Cydia apps

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
as we all know, when new updates come out it is a pain to upgrade because of all the cydia apps we have to redo and crap like that. i remember aptbackup was out, i tried it, and it didn't work at all. does anyone know how to use this program, or any other programs that can help with these application backups for future jailbreaks? i'd really appreciate some info on this, and i'm sure others would as well now with the 2.2 update now available.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
The way aptbackup works is, before you're getting ready to restore your phone. open the app and create a backup. afterwards, sync your phone so it's saved with the backup iTunes makes. restore and jailbreak your phone. Reinstall aptbackup and hit restore. It will take a couple mins for it to restore all the apps you may have. It will automatically reboot the phone when it's done. and everything should be reinstalled again.

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Wish I knew about this before I sold my flawless 1.1.4 first gen model and upgraded to the 3G this week. I'm stuck manaully reinstalling apps and contacting those I paid money for like Swirly MMS for a new license without having to pay again.

Oh well. We live and we learn right. Is this the only app that does this? What's the source so I can add this? (I've been away for a while)