Backing up iPhone to a computer without syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adegiarde, Sep 17, 2013.

1. adegiarde

adegiarde New Member

OK.. I don't know if this subject exists currently, if it does my apologies.. My father has an old iPhone, 4 or 4s don't remember which.. I think 4s. He doesn't update much, or at all really, doesn't have a steady computer, or one that he works on all the time; basically he's all over the place. what I'm trying to do is set him up so that he backs up to the cloud, but to do that I have to update his phone.. Is it possible to just backup the iPhone, not sync, to a computer, lets say the one in his office, this way after upgrading to the latest os version, if necessary I can restore whatever contents are on his phone currently? Thanks in advance for listening.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yes, you can backup and sync without updating his phone, however if iTunes or iCloud does not already have the applications and or music in it, then you will need to use a third party application to basically pull that information off the iPhone and onto your computer, then drag it to iTunes.

Sent using iCafe app

3. adegiarde

adegiarde New Member

Thank you for your reply.. Does this require jail breaking or anything like that?

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

No it does not. If you need suggestions on what program to use to pull music from iPhone to computer, let me know. DeTune is a great one.

Sent using iCafe app

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Anything to do with syncing, restoring, backing up or pulling songs from the iPhone does not require jailbreaking.

#5 MoneyMaker79, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014