Backing up iPod Touch E-mail

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Hello,

My brother has an iPod Touch 2G and has a lot of important e-mails on it which he wants to keep. Now, he wants it jailbreaking, but as far as I know, iTunes does not backup e-mails on an iPod/iPhone, is there a way to do so? Unfortunately, there's no QuickPwn for it either.

Thanks in advance
Neo-Tech

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
What email solution does he use? If he's using IMAP or Exchange, the email is probably on the server. If he's using POP and downloading the messages and deleting them from the server, he may be out of luck.

Joe

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
He's on POP, same as me, we're using our ISP's e-mail, limited to 20MB. He doesn't use Outlook as it's a bit too complicated for him, you get what I mean. Nooo...there has to be some way of retrieving them. Will there be a QuickPwn jailbreak in the future?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I recommend setting up IMAP and you won't have these problems in the future. But for now, how about just forwarding the emails to yourself and opening them on the computer instead of the phone?

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Looks like I'll have to forward them :( or wait for QuickPwn, which hopefully should be here soon!

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Nevermind, The Redsn0w Beta o Clock worked fine! I'll backup his e-mail sometime soon, just in-case, thanks for the help though! :)