backing up notes and SMS

roslee7

Nov 23, 2007
did anyone knows how to back up notes on iPhone and back up sms messages ?

Aug 28, 2007
im pretty sure everytime you sync it backs up your sms but idk about your notes

spyvoy

Nov 24, 2007
I no how to back up notes using this program called mobile finder ( u can find it using installer.app) once u get it on your iPhone, fire it up and click on settings, then enable show hidden files and
file system access; then navigate to /var/root/Library there u can find all the files u would wanna back up. If u wanna back up for example your address book open that folder then select a file click on send>email and your good to go!

spyvoy

Nov 24, 2007
I no how to back up notes using this program called mobile finder ( u can find it using installer.app) once u get it on your iPhone, fire it up and click on settings, then enable show hidden files and
file system access; then navigate to /var/root/Library there u can find all the files u would wanna back up. If u wanna back up for example your address book open that folder then select a file click on send>email and your good to go!

roslee7

Nov 23, 2007
hi

hi

i have install in mobile finder and on setting, i cant find enable hidden files and how to navigate to var/root/library?...is it navigate on my macbook or iPhone?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Notes don't get backed up unfortunately. It was suppose to be in the new iTunes and Leopard but didn't make the cut I guess.

SMS messages do get backed up and there is a program (though it escapes me at the moment) which will actually let you look at the SMS messages on your computer.

spyvoy

Nov 24, 2007
hi

i have install in mobile finder and on setting, i cant find enable hidden files and how to navigate to var/root/library?...is it navigate on my macbook or iPhone?
U have to have installed INSTALLER.APP on your iPhone... When u open it, look for this prog called MobileFinder....(just in case:cool:) ... Launch it and tap on the Settings button (remember all this on your iPhone) then u should c the enable and disable system files and also the hidden ones... enable them all.... And navigate to that path....

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
several ways

if your phone is jailbroken and you have Installer on it you can choose from a couple of programs that will do that.

My favorite is WeTool and it allows you to delete your sms or save it to your notepad.

As far as notes goes the only way I know has already been mentioned in this thread.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
That's funny, because Notes syncs fine on my 1.1.1 phone. I cannot see them on the PC, but if U ever restore, they are always brought back.

IP37083

Feb 17, 2010
Dear ? -
I had the same stupid question. And I downloaded a set of apps on my iPhone from Mark Space, called FLIQ.
It works very nice; the bitter pill is: quite expensive for an apps.
Regards
IP37083