Backing up/syncing contacts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I use a pc running winXP and want to back up my contact list on my iPhone to outlook. If I erase all of my current info in outlook (the contact list on my iPhone is much more comprehensive) and then sync my iPhone to outlook using iTunes will my contact info be copied to outlook from my iPhone? I want to make sure this will happen and not erase all of my contact info off my iPhone. Thanks.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I use a pc running winXP and want to back up my contact list on my iPhone to outlook. If I erase all of my current info in outlook (the contact list on my iPhone is much more comprehensive) and then sync my iPhone to outlook using iTunes will my contact info be copied to outlook from my iPhone? I want to make sure this will happen and not erase all of my contact info off my iPhone. Thanks.
Thanks for all of the responses. The replies have been overwhelming. Much appreciated.:(

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Yes, it will sync your contacts from your iPhone to Outlook and will probably give you a message like, "This sync is about to change greater than 5% of your Outlook Contacts list. Proceed?"