Backlight stays on always

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

crazylegs

Jul 18, 2007
my iPhone's backlight stays on all the time unless I lock it. it won't dim and go dark even if it's just sitting there on my desk unless i lock it. does anyone else have this issue? i wish it would just go dark after a few seconds to save some battery life.:mad:

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
Check "Auto Lock" in "Settings," then "General".

Check "Auto Brightness" in "Settings" then "Brightness."

Last edited by a moderator:

crazylegs

Jul 18, 2007
I have messed with all those settings to no avail. The screen simply won't just go dark unless I lock the phone. I just want to leave it on my desk without locking it and have the screen go dark if it's just sitting there for a while. Am I the only one with this problem?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I have messed with all those settings to no avail. The screen simply won't just go dark unless I lock the phone. I just want to leave it on my desk without locking it and have the screen go dark if it's just sitting there for a while. Am I the only one with this problem?
I would like to have it go dark on it's own, but you get used to after a while, and it's actually a good thing that it MAKES you lock it, because the screen would be constantly activated, and shortcuts opened accidentally, if the screen wasn't locked.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
do you have it charging by any chance? When I have mine plugged in at work while I'm listening to music the screen just dims but never goes completely dark.

cderalow

Jul 17, 2007
do you have autolock set to never?

i know when my screen goes dark on it's own after not using it, it's because it's self locked... turning autolock off seems to leave it on without ever adjusting brightness etc.