Backspace Key Gone Wild!

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
On occasion, when in an email or forum post with my iPhone 3G, v2.0.1 (it also happened back in v2.0), and I press the backspace key, the key seems to get stuck in delete mode and starts deleting many more characters than I wanted. It literally deletes a whole line or two before it stops (one character at a time). It is very annoying, to say the least.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what could be happening? I know I'm not holding down the backspace key, I just tap it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Someone reported this happening a little while back and said it would delete entire notes. I have had a few issues with the backspace key, but it never deletes more than just a few words, thankfully.

I believe it still has to do with the fact that 2.0 and 2.0.1 are still rather buggy. We will just have to wait it out even longer until Apple fixes all of these little things.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
had the same problem, it always happens when your writing a message in a hurry! i find it happens when the keybourd lags like mad too!

its got to be what Youngbinks said its got to be buggy software! Apple need to fix this, because people are still buying these phones like crazy and they don't know the current problems current iPhone users are having

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
And here I thought I left my finger on it too long! Glad to hear its not me. And yes, always when trying to do a quick message.

Leon8808

Aug 11, 2008
I know how you guys feel, there's some serious lag going on with the backspace button. What I do is I count the number of times I press backspace instead of holding on to it for deleting short words 1-5 letters long. Try doing this with the phone on silent so the keyboard sound won't throw off your count.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I've experienced it once recently and couldn't believe what was happening. Fortunately, it's never done that again. Of course, I just opened the door for it to do it again though. LOL

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
This happens every once in a while, but when it does, it almost always deletes all of my text. Which is ann

haha. But seriously, it sucks.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
This happens every once in a while, but when it does, it almost always deletes all of my text. Which is ann

haha. But seriously, it sucks.
LOL! :)

Yeah, I've had it delete my whole two line email reply once--all but the first couple of letters. Too bad there isn't a "Ctrl-z" command. he-he!