Backup and Restore Question

Skyraker

Jul 9, 2008
My 3G iPhone has been running slow lately. (Firmware 3.0, jailbroken)

What I'd like to do is back it up in iTunes, then do a virgin restore to factory settings. Then load 3.1. Basically start over with a clean phone.

My question - If I do a virgin restore, will all my contacts, apps, pictures, etc. still be available on iTunes if I decide to restore from the backup at a later date? Or does iTunes delete everything after the virgin restore?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
My 3G iPhone has been running slow lately. (Firmware 3.0, jailbroken)

What I'd like to do is back it up in iTunes, then do a virgin restore to factory settings. Then load 3.1. Basically start over with a clean phone.

My question - If I do a virgin restore, will all my contacts, apps, pictures, etc. still be available on iTunes if I decide to restore from the backup at a later date? Or does iTunes delete everything after the virgin restore?
As well as iTunes saving the info in a backup, the information is still held in your library anyway. So if you wanted a clean install then just make sure you sync when done.

Sync before you start and make sure all your pics etc are on your pc before you restore... its quite easy really, don't worry about it!