Backup iPhone apps AND app data (game saves)

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by carioca, May 15, 2014.

1. carioca

carioca New Member

I'd like to back up the full app data of at least three of my games (complete with game progress) and transfer them to my brother's iPhone.

We are syncing both mine and his iPhone to the same computer. My idea is to use iTunes backup but Apple is very scarce when referring to what iTunes backup does - support.apple.com/kb/ht4946. iCloud backup is also a bit lean on what app data is included in the backup - support.apple.com/kb/PH12519.

What app data is exactly being backed up by iTunes and how can I select which games (along with game saves) to restore to my bro's iPhone? Thanks for your attention.

#1 carioca, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  2. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

The links you referred to are clear enough. The app data backed up is:
    • Application settings, preferences, and data, including documents
    • In-app purchases
    • Photos from the Camera Roll of the Photos app
    • Call history of the Phone app
    • Safari bookmarks, cookies, history, offline data, and currently open pages
    • Maps app - bookmarks, recent searches, and the current location displayed in Maps
    You need to backup your iPhone apps with a third-party app (for example: this) or back up the whole iPhone including apps, documents and settings and then restore the apps and app data to the other phone without having to sync with iTunes .

#2 Mathew Connelly, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  3. waifly

waifly New Member

I have a Jbroken iphone 5s (iOS 8). Will I still be able to back up my games and levels as they are on my iphone now? Also, will the alternative backup method work?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You don't lose any functionality when you jailbreak. You can backup the same as before.