Backup iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I would like to know how you can back up your iPhone's, music, photos,movies etc...
I have noticed at times when I sync to iTunes, if i delete anything from iTunes it will delete from my phone.
How can i save what's on the phone?!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I would like to know how you can back up your iPhone's, music, photos,movies etc...
I have noticed at times when I sync to iTunes, if i delete anything from iTunes it will delete from my phone.
How can i save what's on the phone?!
You can't do it directly, because the iPhone can't be put in disk mode, but there is software that allows transfert of music, pics, movies fom iPhone to computer (Tansee for PC).
You can also uncheck "sync movies, music" etc in Tunes and the iPhone contents will stay untouched.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Why don't you use iCloud to backup your iPhone?iCloud provides easy way to backup iPhone.Go to Settings>iCloud and then scroll down to Backup.Here you can turn backups on and initiate a new backup immediately. If this is your first iCloud backup it might take a while to complete. Once the backup is complete, though, your iPhone will automatically backup when idle for an extended period of time and on an active wi-fi network. Of course, it is also simple to restore from iCloud after resetting your phone and choose "backup from iCloud".
Because it's 2007 and iCloud isn't around yet.

Last edited by a moderator: