Backups

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wtdrm

Jun 9, 2009
I get a message that says my phone has not been backed up. It has to be plugged in and connected to wifi. I have done this manually before but cannot find it in settings now. I can meet the criteria of wifi and plugged in now. Please tell me where it is.?
I am running 6.1.4 ios and an I5

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can choose between backing up to your computer and backing up to iCloud. You've selected iCloud, but you can change that if you want. The setting is in iTunes on the computer. If you want to stick with iCloud, make sure WiFi is on and then go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup > Backup now. It will do automatic daily backups after that whenever you're on WiFi.

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
iCloud backup settings are located in Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.

You can choose between backing up to your computer and backing up to iCloud. You've selected iCloud, but you can change that if you want. The setting is in iTunes on the computer. If you want to stick with iCloud, make sure WiFi is on and then go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup > Backup now. It will do automatic daily backups after that whenever you're on WiFi.

Gah, you beat me by mere seconds :(.