bad battery guage

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chunter001

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've seen a lot of posts from people asking if their battery is bad, and listing usage and standby.

I don't know if this is really helpful or not, but I figured I would list mine since I don't seem to be having battery issues.

I just received the 10% battery warning after 4 hours, 47 minutes usage (mostly internet and video...just a few calls and texts) and 2 days, 15 hours of standby.

Hope this helps.

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I've seen a lot of posts from people asking if their battery is bad, and listing usage and standby.

I don't know if this is really helpful or not, but I figured I would list mine since I don't seem to be having battery issues.

I just received the 10% battery warning after 4 hours, 47 minutes usage (mostly internet and video...just a few calls and texts) and 2 days, 15 hours of standby.

Hope this helps.
not reALLY

garymooks

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Battery depletion

When my battery icon is 3/4th empty..my phone discharged FASTER than it took for the 3/4th to be used..

The last 25% of the battery goes down to 5% in 1 hour or so..I switch off WIfi..even then the same things persists..

Anyone else have this issue?

regrds
Gary

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Not I. But a few questions, do have the screen brightness controlled by the sensor? and maybe a silly question, but did you apply the 1.01 patch to your phone yet?
If you use anything that uses your screen ALOT ( like playing one or 2 complete movies ) will kill your battery.
Again unfortunately I don't know the usage of your phone, so can tell much.. May want to try power cycling the phone, and I have found if I charge my phone from a AC outlet vs USB it seems to get a better charge. As of thus far I can go 2 days without recharging at normal usage, and might be able to stretch to 2.5 to 3 days.. but why risk a dead battery when you might need it..

Anyways, Id deffinately try power cycling and charging it on a power outlet over night and see if that helps.